Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman etc... How is riding steep defined?
Quote | Reply
Hello,
Quick question here. I have read all of Dan's fitting articles. It's very helpful and quite clear.
What I can't find, is a way to find the angle that someone rides at in the actual position on the bike. I can see where seat angle is defined as going from the bottom bracket to the middle of the saddle rails. However there is a huge range of variation in where we sit on the saddle.

Is there a convention for measuring the angle that a person is actually sitting at on their bike? I'm thinking something like the angle from the bottom bracket through the hip joint.

Also, I'm wondering if Dan or anyone else has info about what the standard range would be?

Thanks,
Kyle
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman etc... How is riding steep defined? [KWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

We have a "Sitting Angle" metric in our 3D software that is BB to hip joint, averaged over the pedal cycle.
Generally a good tri position is ~85deg
I'd class slack as being less than 80deg.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman etc... How is riding steep defined? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks cyclenutnz,
That's exactly what I was asking. Do you happen to have any data for what able would be too steep?

Kyle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to do a bike fit in my own. I'm wondering if I'm going too far with certain measurements.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steepest I've seen was 89, pulled him back as it wasn't working.
Have never tried pushing the boundaries - can't get bikes to work with those positions.
Quote Reply