Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Slightly OT: Blue Tooth headsets- what is the protocol when... [Flat Tire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True. Then, of course, what do you do when the customer that you are speaking with suddenly answers the phone in mid-sentence? I suppose in that case, you could sell him or her a bike that doesn't fit.

-jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Slightly OT: Blue Tooth headsets- what is the protocol when... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the protocol question should be for the headset user. Perhaps it should be their responsibility to take it off when they come in a store. I can't say I would be all that worried about it. If they wanted to have an uninterrupted and private conversation they should stay outside or in the car.
Quote Reply
Re: Slightly OT: Blue Tooth headsets- what is the protocol when... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, since they are being rude and inconsiderate, I'd go for D every time.. though I suppose B is what you have to do.

We use headsets all day in the office, so the protocol is simple - if the headset is on, there's a customer on the line, no interruptions.

I remember sitting in a plane waiting in line for takeoff, woman next to me was arguing loudly via headset, with her ex about her retirement money which he wanted a part of in the divorce settlement - learnt a great deal more about her life than I wanted to know. I was frankly embarrassing.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Re: Slightly OT: Blue Tooth headsets- what is the protocol when... [jeffh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It truely amazes me this obssseion with being hooked in by cell phone or Blackberry ALL the time. I went down to Chicago on business a few months ago. It was mostly business types on the flight. It must have been a flight full of heart/brain surgeons all consulting on life-threatening situations because evryone was on cell phones and Blackberries right up until the doors closed on for the flight and then all those cell phones and Blackberreis where all fired up again immedatly when the doors opened in Chicago. I find it strange, because I actually work in a buisness that has serious time sensitive deadlines - the magazine publishing business, and I never have a need to be hooked up like that!

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
e. order a cell phone jammer off the internet. Or if you want to be legal, download the instructions to build one off MIT's website and build one for educational purposes only. Place your educational project in your store entrance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next