Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sliding forward on the seat
Quote | Reply
Recently I have been sliding forward on my seat. A few weeks ago I put on a shorter stem (in an effort to bear more of my body weight skeletally), so perhaps this has got something to do with it? I ride a QR Te Quilo (78 degree seat angle) and have the seat all the way forward....My choices seem to be going back to the old stem (where I would often slide forward anyway), moving the seat back, or perhaps slightly increasing ythe angle of the seat...any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding forward on the seat [Geoff Dickson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're on to several possible "fixes", all of which are impossible to diagnose without seeing you on the bike. You COULD have the wrong size bike....just can't tell without more information.

The body is fairly good at seeking out it a comfortable, powerful position, and unless its something like a bungled-up seat nose angle, cleat position, crankarm length, stem length, aerobar size, etc. (see what I mean, there's lots of things that can make you move around), it could be a wrong sized frame.

Since I've had a frame fitted to me, I no longer hunt for a comfortable spot on the seat. I will slide slightly forward or rearward for a break, or when climbing a really steep hill or going into a really strong headwind. Otherwise, I'm very consistantly sitting in the same old position at all times without feeling I'm creeping up or back on the saddle.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding forward on the seat [Geoff Dickson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing its a combination of things here. You are seeking the power range for your muscle groups involved, AND, you are likely losing a bit of flexibility toward the end of the season, when you are at your best condition. This is the time to really focus on flexibility. I've noticed myself doing the same thing in years past when I have neglected stretching as part of my training routine. By working flexibility at this point you'll extend your power range in the muscle groups and also help guard against injuries.

Of course it also sounds like you are on a slightly large bike for you if you are on a steep bike with the saddle all the way forward on the rails AND still moving forward.

Its probably a combination of these two things. Get checked out by a reputable bike fitter who knows steep angled tri positions. And STRETCH!!!
Quote Reply