Login required to post replies

Sliding forward on Dash 9
Quote | Reply
What's wrong ?

Thanks !

Quote Reply
Re: Sliding forward on Dash 9 [Hoodoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's usually some combo of needing to tilt your saddle up a smidge plus bars and saddle being too forward.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thought experiment: what do you think will keep you from sliding off the saddle? What mechanism or structure does this function?

Hoodoo wrote:
What's wrong ?

Thanks !

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Sliding forward on Dash 9 [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This pic shows a more forward position (1,5cm) tentative than standard position. Still sliding forward. Maybe I should try to get backward ?

Tilting saddle up could help, but the Dash has a natural nose drop. Should I take the saddle angle from the rails ?

ericMPro wrote:
thought experiment: what do you think will keep you from sliding off the saddle? What mechanism or structure does this function?

Hoodoo wrote:
What's wrong ?

Thanks !

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
think about it... when your body slides forward off the saddle, where does it go? You should be thinking about that, not tilting your saddle up.

Hoodoo wrote:
This pic shows a more forward position (1,5cm) tentative than standard position. Still sliding forward. Maybe I should try to get backward ?

Tilting saddle up could help, but the Dash has a natural nose drop. Should I take the saddle angle from the rails ?

ericMPro wrote:

Hoodoo wrote:
What's wrong ?

Thanks !

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Option 1: A little higher elbow pads =10mm and/or saddle forward by .5mm ?

Option 2: Saddle and pads back/+-15mm, same stack&drop but backwards.

Other options ?

ericMPro wrote:
think about it... when your body slides forward off the saddle, where does it go? You should be thinking about that, not tilting your saddle up.

Hoodoo wrote:

ericMPro wrote:

Hoodoo wrote:
What's wrong ?

Thanks !

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update on fit changes. Saddle forward 15mm, elbow pads up 10mm/back 10mm, saddle angle 1 deg down. No more sliding forward problem (90% better than before).

Last edited by: Hoodoo: Apr 24, 19 18:09
Quote Reply