Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeveless or full wetsuit : faster?
Quote | Reply
According to Dan and most people, a full suit is faster. I am wondering if this takes into account the fact that it is easier to swim with a sleeveless (more range of motion) ?

In my case, I have never used a sleeveless, but I know that I am faster without the wetsuit (full) than with it. I just can't seem to get used to swim with a wetsuit (although maybe I didn't train enough with it).

I have done quite a bit of TI swimming, and am very fluent but not very fast, and I seem to loose all the sensations when wearing the wetsuit. I can't seem to be able to extend as much in front with the wetsuit.

Has anybody else noticed this for them, and should I look at buying a sleeveless wetsuit ?

Thanks for your input.

Laurent
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeveless or full wetsuit : faster? [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If everything is feel for you while your swimming, I would try out a sleeveless. That's what I prefer to use over a fullsuit. Even look in the Olympics, practically 95% of the swimmers who use a fastskin bodysuit go with a sleeveless instead of the full mainly because of their range of motion.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeveless or full wetsuit : faster? [bigd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I'm relatively new to the sport, I can say that I trained in the pool without a wetsuit for several months and then just recently bought a sleeveless suit for my first race. I had no problem with the change and felt the same range of motion in the arms, while my legs and body were lifted so much I go quite a bit faster. I didn't try that many suits, but really like my T1Desoto Tres. It's a 2-piece dealy with a vest and "bib-john".
Quote Reply