Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeved Tri Top Suggestions
Quote | Reply
I'm getting back into triathlons after a 30+ year absence. I'm shopping for a tri top but undecided which may be best. Any insight or experience would be helpful. I going with a two piece setup and have Roka tri shorts but the Roka top I read chafes on the run and does not zip all the way down and because I'm going with sleeves I probably won't wear the tri top under my wetsuit which means I'm putting it on wet and pulling the Roka top over my head may be difficult and slow verses a top that zips all the way.
I'm going with sleeves for sun protection as I live and race in a very sunny area.

I'm looking at 5 tops: Desoto skin cooler top, Zoot Aero jersey, Orca 226, 2XU Compression top and maybe the Roka.

Anyone have any thoughts on these or others. A big thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri Top Suggestions [MrBreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi- Welcome back! DeSoto skin cooler tops work for me and is my favorite. I also wear a zoot one piece with sleeves which is great. Good luck and have fun! Also, my sleeved tops are very comfortable under my roka sleeveless skin suit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not one of your listed options, but I really like my garneau aero suit. I have the full suit, not the top, but have always swam with it on. Never felt any restriction in my shoulders with an aero fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Kiwami Spider 2 sleeved suit. It has some compression and is super comfortable and fast! They also have the separate tops and bottoms from the Spider collection as well (I haven't used the separate top, but the one piece sleeved suit is amazing).
Last edited by: Trauma: Apr 30, 21 11:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought a Castelli San Remo today on a whim to try something out that has sleeves.

I have a sleeveless Zone 3 that I like, plenty comfy, but am interested in how a short sleeved feels to be closer to a skinsuit.

Clubs/Affiliations: The Rippers / Charles River Wheelers / Cambridge Sports Union
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Desoto sleeved tops have never ever chafed me, and I have big gorgeous guns. plus, desoto's color patterns hide my tear stains.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Based on your criteria, I would recommend this:

https://kiwamitri.com/...riant=35610571571362
Quote Reply