Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do?
Quote | Reply
Ran into this problem at Silverman.. non-wetsuit swim and was wearing a new 1 piece trisuit that had sleeves.. Found out last minute that I can't have sleeves for non-wetsuit swim.. They allowed me to swim by rolling up the sleeves but that seemed annoying.. What does everyone else do? Do you wear your pull the suit down to waist and leave it between your speed suit... then pull it up during T1?

I noticed Kienle has a sleeved trisuit (orca) last year in Kona but I don't know how he got it on. He had no sleeves during the swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a thread about this somewhere. People either roll up their sleeves (as you did) or roll down the top in your swimskin and put on once you exit the water.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you roll it down to your waist and put in on in T1... many of us AGers have been doing this since 2012 before the pros caught on to the trend

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
you roll it down to your waist and put in on in T1... many of us AGers have been doing this since 2012 before the pros caught on to the trend

Is it hard to put it on when your wet? My suit is tight fit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
robgray wrote:

Is it hard to put it on when your wet? My suit is tight fit!

Not too bad. The PI octane (I use that) is hardest. LG M2 is much easier, so is Huub. A good trick is to put a little plastic bag over your hands and the sleeve just slides on. Just practice a few times and you'll be good to go.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I looked into this I was a little confused. I know that at WTC races that are non wetsuit sleeved trisuits are illegal, but what about USTA events I haven't found a straight answer about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [Stephent81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if it was legal I'd swim with it rolled down. I experimented once at a wetsuit legal swim, where I wore the sleeves with a swimskin (no wetsuit) and I found it sluggish and not very comfy.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Help me out here - I can't quite picture it right. So you're wearing a sleeved trisuit (one-piece). For the swim you essentially roll the top half down to your waist and swim bare-chested? How does this not create a ton of drag? Or are you wearing a sleeveless swimskin over your trisuit and the rolled-down trisuit just adds bulk in the middle?

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10327392
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ha so have one more thing to buy great. Thankfully next year I'll only have one race that has any probability of not being wetsuit legal so I might risk it since I would rather buy a disc wheel :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [jenniferpelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes a swimskin over the suit (bare chest underneath)

Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved Tri-suit with non-wetsuit swim.. what to do? [jenniferpelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is where a speedsuit will help.

It helps to give the water a smooth surface to run off. It isn't going to hide the rolled up suit, but it will certainly help reduce the drag.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply