Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeve tri-suit in non-wetsuit swim
Quote | Reply
Last year at Henderson, the officials had a problem with my sleeved trisuit under my sleeveless swimskin... It was non-wetsuit swim and apparently anything going past the shoulders is a no-no.

I just looked up the rules and seems like its changed so that nothing can go past the elbow now.. did this rule recently change? so sleeved tri-suits are okay in non-wetsuit swims?

Swimwear (Skinsuits/Speedsuits) must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting and/or braiding. Simply put, this would generally refer to suits made only from nylon or Lycra that do not have any rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the elbow, nor extend past the knees. Swimwear may contain a zipper. A race kit may be worn underneath swimwear.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeve tri-suit in non-wetsuit swim [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it changed this year for IM events..... its now legal. It's always been legal for non IM USAT events.

blog
Quote Reply