Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleep high, train low....what about heat?
Quote | Reply
I have seen all the threads with people recommending different fans for their pain caves, but I'm thinking it really should read "show us your space heater"
With the advantages of training in heat as well as prepping for hot races, why is there not more chatter about turning up the heat (other than the miserable suffering). So my question is, what are the thoughts/science on creating your own little Azore's.
Is there an optimal temp to get the benefits of training in the heat, but not too hot that you can put in the work and not be crushed for a week.
Where does the (best) adaptation occur. Hard rides? Long rides?
My thoughts are to test with a fan, FTP sessions on the trainer with space heater, ride as is/outside otherwise.

Thoughts?

Who Dares...Wins!
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep high, train low....what about heat? [+4W/Kg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heat acclimization takes about 10-14 days. Yes there is some physiological advantages to training hot and racing cold but not quite the same as altitude. Not that I have seen a study on this specifically but I would assume the disadvantages to training hot ( increased RPE, increased dehydration, Increased HR, Decreased power etc.. etc.. ) would be detrimental to the goal of the training session.

Dynamic Athlete ProgrammingVIP Endurance Racing | Like us on Facebook Get Your Training Plan Here
Quote Reply
Re: Sleep high, train low....what about heat? [+4W/Kg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's best to know how your body responds to heat if you plan on a hot race... so you know to go slower, easier, drink more, eat less etc...
Quote Reply