Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slam Position
Quote | Reply
I am relatively new to this forum and I am trying to understand exactly what the Slam position looks like. I have tried looking at previous posts, and also looking at John Cobb's web site, but I cannot find anything that details how the slam position is set up.

I currently have my road bike set up following a fitting, to get in to the slam position what do I move and by how much. (i.e. do I lower the seat and move back, do I need a shorter stem).

Any help gratefully appreciated.

TC

Remember, keep in touch with yourself!
Quote Reply
Re: Slam Position [Catwalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John's site remains the best source, although you have to look a little hard. In the "technical" section, make sure you find the slam articles 1, 2 and 3. #3 has pictures. These all describe the intent, and suggest a knee angle, but there are no recipes. If you troll his forum, you'll see guidance that he has given others, but ONLY after knowing their key body dimensions.
Quote Reply
Re: Slam Position [Catwalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried hard to love this position but it doesn't work all that well for me. I think you have to be young, lean and very flexible. Fairly self explanatory with the three articles on John's site. Study the pictures. The only confusing thing is that he talks about lowering the seat after jamming it back on the rails, but doesn't give any idea as to how much it should be lowered. There must be some ratio between the two. Here's his site. Look for three "big slam" articles under the technical section.

http://www.bicyclesports.com/home.aspx
Quote Reply