Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skype users here?
Quote | Reply
anyone has tried skype ? worth it?
Quote Reply
Re: Skype users here? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use it. Depending on the location of the person you are speaking with, the reception can be as good as a normal telephone, or very choppy.

It is possible to send text over Skype. This works well, and I use it all the time. Faster and more convenient than email.

I suggest using the feature to block calls from people you do not know. I once received a call from Russia. The caller had clearly mistaken me for someone else, but he wanted to discuss a drug deal. He was very insistent. I don´t need this.

J
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worth it? Its free! The calls to land lines are very cheap also and work well. They are virtually free.

Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is worth it, I live in Singapore and use it to speak to people in the UK - I call the home phone not pc,quality is pretty good and it is very very cheap.

My wife uses it to speak to friends in the Middle East pc to pc and quality is pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent service.

I use the Net to Public network service and pay very little to call os.

Call quality varies from excellent to moderate. If I don't get a good connection I just call again and it's usually better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another user here. I talk with other skype users I know. Definitely restrict your calls to your contacts, as I had a few junk calls before I did that. I don't use skype out as I have a Nikotel account that is similar and allows me to use a regular style telephone with a sipura adapter.

J.
Quote Reply