Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skewer
Quote | Reply
My old skewers are bent and slightly curved. Any suggestions on new ones? I looked around a little and there seems to be a large price difference. Are the more expensive skewers worth it?
Quote Reply
Re: Skewer [xcisfun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xcisfun wrote:
My old skewers are bent and slightly curved. Any suggestions on new ones? I looked around a little and there seems to be a large price difference. Are the more expensive skewers worth it?

Depends. How much do the little aero details matter to you? Do you have a slippery setup or does it not bother you to have wires and bento boxes all over the place?

:)

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Skewer [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:
xcisfun wrote:

Depends. How much do the little aero details matter to you? Do you have a slippery setup or does it not bother you to have wires and bento boxes all over the place?

:)

What does sushi have to do with it? :P

Not that I have tried a lot of expensive ones (only Zipp) but I didn't notice a difference. My favorites are Mavic. Nice shape on the lever with lots of area so it's easy on the hands and a nice solid axle. Last for years. Sometimes the pin attaching the handle to pops out but that's easy to replace. If they're good enough to stand up to years of off road mtn bike abuse... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Skewer [DoesItReallyMat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DoesItReallyMat wrote:
Not that I have tried a lot of expensive ones (only Zipp) but I didn't notice a difference.

hah, you aren't going to NOTICE any difference

but you still are going to go through 40k a couple seconds faster if you have some of these (oriented properly of course)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Skewer [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Livetotri wrote:

Except that in most cases, on most conventional bikes, even a square bento typically helps reduce drag. And a well-shaped bento probably does even better.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply