Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skechers Forza 4 Hyper
Quote | Reply
Anyone have experience with these?

Currently running in the Saucony ISO Liberty (original version) and the Newton Distance (also original version). I have no complaints about either, but noticed the Forza 4 on clearance and they seem to fit the same profile - light support, mid drop, fairly light.

My foot is pretty average, if not slightly wide in the forefoot. I like a softer cushion feel.

Thoughts?

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Forza 4 Hyper [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The_Mickstar wrote:
Anyone have experience with these?

Currently running in the Saucony ISO Liberty (original version) and the Newton Distance (also original version). I have no complaints about either, but noticed the Forza 4 on clearance and they seem to fit the same profile - light support, mid drop, fairly light.

My foot is pretty average, if not slightly wide in the forefoot. I like a softer cushion feel.

Thoughts?

I have not tried the Forza, but have a similar foot and cushioning preference. Skechers are surprisingly good running shoes. I've gone through three pair (Maxtrail, Maxroad, GoRun 7) and in terms of durability and performance they measure up well to more established brands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the Forza 4's. I had high expectations, and the shoe didn't meet those.

That being said, it's a good shoe, and it seems to be getting better the more runs I do. If you can pick up a pair cheap, then it's a worthy buy.

The good stuff about the shoe..
- Feels great climbing hills. I can't explain why.
- Provides very good shock absorption on downhills
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Forza 4 Hyper [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So.... What DON'T you like about them?

I've read that they're a bit "slappy" (i.e. stiff) out of the box, but break in fairly quickly. My main concern is the feel of the stability features (two different materials), though. Some reviews say you can really feel it, which I think would bother me. I need just a bit of guidance when I get tired, nothing major.

Steve

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are a tiny bit slappy (when running) I guess. I would not say they are more so than many other makes/models.

The soul has a slightly stiff feel (which lends to a little energy on toe-off).

I don't notice the stability features at all. It feels mostly like a neutral shoe.

It's not that I don't like the shoe. I just had high expectations for the hyper burst version of the Forza because I liked the Razor 3 hyper so much. But, the extra bounce that I felt in the Razors was not evident in the Forza.

The shoe feels phenomenal just walking around (although - like the Forza 3 - it squeaks when I walk). It's super soft and rolls really great just walking around. When you start running, it feels less cushy and more stiff.
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Forza 4 Hyper [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That helps.

Steve

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much like Trislayer, i had high expectations of the Forza 4 but ended up a bit underwhelmed. The Forza 3 was my favourite shoe of the last few years(until i bought the Saucony Endorphin Pro) so I thought Forza 3 + hyperburst = pure running awesomeness, but it wasn’t quite. Although I only used them a bit in late fall and it’s possible I haven’t broken them in yet. I would for sure by another pair though... where are they on sale? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Skechers Forza 4 Hyper [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torrent wrote:
where are they on sale? :)

Running Warehouse

Steve

Quote Reply