Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Silverman and IM
Quote | Reply
out of curiosity, I was checking the website of the Silverman.
You'd think, they would try something to compete with IMNA...

1. entry fees of $370 until july or so, and $400 after
2. no refund after july 1st and $200 before
3. no kona slot
4. no prize money

very steep for a first year...

GFT has entry fees at $250 before 12/31 and has run very well for years...
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman and IM [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't they have Showgirls at the aid stations? That would probably be a good-enough reason to do it :)
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman and IM [neotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so it's $370 per aid station?? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was thinking along similar lines....except it's really about the money isn't it?

I've not done a "non-Mdot" IM, but most that I've spoken to that have have described them as good, but not quite like the M-dot experience.

I think Silverman is trying to pull off the "hype", "atomsphere" and "feel" of an M-dot experience. Frankly I think they can, and if they can they'll be able to get away charging the higher amount.

Seems like an incredible venue and with vegas being right next door, an excellent "post race" party.

The lack of prize money and lack of Kona slot really only matters to a few. Show the rest a good time and they'll come back.

For me all's they'd have to do is allow family and or a friend to enter the cheap @ss dinners and I'd be happy. I'm still pissed that IMNA charges 25$ a head to get family members into the banquets.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea should be a loss leader like the cheap meals in Vegas. They figure you will go broke on the stupid gambling so they will make all the money one way or another.
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman and IM [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read on the Silverman Forum that there actually will be primes for the fastest times in each discipline. The amounts haven't been finalized. I think there may be a big announcement in the near future about prize money.

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is before 12/31 on my calendar and GFT is charging $350 not $250! Might want to check your calendar and your facts before piping off.

http://www.triamericastore.com/greatfl/gftfull05.htm

Cale
Last edited by: cale: Jun 14, 05 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: Silverman and IM [cale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

if you registered before 12/31/04 the entry was $250...
usually you don't register 12/30/05 for a race in october the same year...

http://sommersports.com/events/greatfloridian/full/2005details.asp

say what about piping off?
Quote Reply