Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sidi T-1's
Quote | Reply
Looking for new shoes and was riding with someone who has these but says that they are not great for longer rides. I'm going to be training for an Ironman this year, but also wanted to use the shoes for shorter races. Anyone else have this problem of confort on longer rides with the T1's?

Marcel
Quote Reply
Re: Sidi T-1's [Marcel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a huge fan of Sidi T-1s. Never any problems.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had mine for two years, ~7000-8000 kms.. love them. I've never had any problems with them for long rides, however my long ride is shorter than many people training for IM's. I once did a 7 hour ride and i didn't notice any problems. I really like them for short distance stuff however, soo easy to get in and out of.

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During long rides sometimes I feel really cold in my fingesrs...
Beside that I don't have any complain about them....

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of T-1's, albeit a 'last year's model', but I pulled the heel cup right off of the sole after about 4 months of use. They are easy shoes to get on and off (I race olympic dist), but IMO they leave a bit to be desired in the durability department. I bought a pair of the new Shimano TR-01 with the new carbon sole, and honestly they are head and shoulders above the T1's, much more solid, great fit (especially in the heel), and as easy in/out as the T1's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great shoe, but I also added a new insole. I believe it is the Sole Orthotic. You heat them up, and then place them in your shoe, and it molds to the shape of your foot. Super comfortable.
Quote Reply