Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Side loader cage
Quote | Reply
The other day I broke my old profile design bta mount. It was the metal one you zip tie to the bars and screw a standard cage to.

Tried a couple zip tie combos settled on bottle facing toward me, unbroken remaining bracket holding the bottle up as when I used zip ties alone the bottle sagged.

I like riding like this I feel like my hands have more room. But with that said, it’s weird to contort my wrist to take the bottle out. Looking to put a side loader on. Last time I owned a side loader I think it was the zefel. Lasted a couple years and got weak after a while. What’s a good side loader that won’t get slack too quickly?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Side loader cage [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a couple specialized ones that both load on the left side that I like better than the usual front load on my other bike. They've lasted 9 years so far. I used some Rit dye to color them to coordinate with my bike and have not had any problems. If you're going to use two cages, make sure to order one left and one right, so when they're mounted they will both be loading on the same side. If you order two left, the one on your downtube will be backwards/right load.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Re: Side loader cage [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:
I have a couple specialized ones that both load on the left side that I like better than the usual front load on my other bike. They've lasted 9 years so far. I used some Rit dye to color them to coordinate with my bike and have not had any problems. If you're going to use two cages, make sure to order one left and one right, so when they're mounted they will both be loading on the same side. If you order two left, the one on your downtube will be backwards/right load.

I have the same bottle holders and they work fine and have lasted several seasons. To clarify Barry S...

A right hand cage loads from the right side on the down tube and a left hand cage loads from the right on the seat tube.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Side loader cage [Barry S.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry S. wrote:

Not worried about the down at all, just the bta. I want to say that’s left? Any help?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did a side load zip tied bta once and only once.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not cheap, but very nice. They have left and right side models. My partner has been using them on their road bike- down tube and seat tube (same cages) for 11 years. Still working great.

https://www.arundelbike.com/product/sideloader/. Sideloader and Other Sideloader. Lightweight, too.
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: May 23, 20 20:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a cheap carbon one from china. Badged as bontrager.
I'm right handed so when it's forward it unloads to the right. I've recently flipped it so I have more room for my elbows. I now need to use my left hand to grab the bottle.
Quote Reply