Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shout out to Wahoo Customer Service
Quote | Reply
I first read DC Rainmaker's review of the Wahoo Bolt the end of March 2017 (it was released on 3/14/17), and took a chance on it after a relatively disappointing experience with the Garmin 510. Made the purchase on 4/7/17, so I was relatively speaking one of their first adopters before word got out that this was a really solid computer.

For 30 months, I was a very happy customer. Just like many other Bolt users, I recommended it to all my riding buddies, or people on this forum, FB groups, whatever just because it works and is so easy to use. Then Monday, out of nowhere, it shit the bed. Would not fully power on, and a blue screen of death "reboot system now" showed up that I couldn't get past. Searched Google for all the different methods to reboot, reset, drain the battery completely and recharge...nothing worked.

Given my unit was out of warranty...I expected nothing (secretly hoping for a $100 discount on a new Bolt), but it never hurts to ask. Emailed Wahoo support, and provided photos and serial number information. They recognized it was a unique case, but agreed to replace my unit free of charge, and even provided me a return shipping label to send the old unit back. My only guess is that I may be one of few people to experience this issue, and they want their engineers to take a look at it.

Wahoo didn't need to offer this. I would not have complained if they just shrugged their shoulders and said sorry, out of warranty, check out our new Roam for $380 (which I'm not willing to pay for...my eyes are just fine). I was worried that I'd be forced to buy another Bolt at $250 knowing it was already a generation behind and the Garmin 530 reviews currently out there are not exactly great.

Once again a very happy Wahoo customer.
Quote Reply