Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should you be refitted after a year of riding
Quote | Reply
Tom or JC, do you recommend refitting the person to the bike after a year or two of riding? I was fitted on my P2K by John and Dave in Shreveport. Not many adjustments as the bike fit perfectly. I have changed seats several times and am still no sure if I have the right one. Should I go by the old adage, "if it ain't broke....."

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply
Re: Should you be refitted after a year of riding [sig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Bob, Excellent question. The fact that you are smart enough to ask it speaks volumes about your insight into the importance of fit.
I think you're right: If it ain't broke don't fix it. That said, position (and fit, two different things)are dynamic, they are ever changing. In 1992 I wore a size 9 shoe. Now I wear a 10. In 1986 my road bike reach measurement was 57cm. Now it is only 55cm. My saddle height is also slightly lower (about 8mm) than in 1986. Also, fitness levels play a role. When you get fit, your position changes. As your fitness goes away your position changes. Generally, people can tell when they need a refit: They start having fit problems.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Should you be refitted after a year of riding [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll even take Tom's thoughts a bit further. I find that my position changes over the season as my body becomes more used to cycling. Also I'll change things on my bikes depending on the type of riding that I'll be doing that day. Of course, I'm one of these natural born tinkerers that insists on doing my own mechanical work and fitting. Consequently, I still haven't learned the true value of that "if it ain't broke" phrase.
Quote Reply
I wold say that was even more important ... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for those riding the gold you-know-whats, as so much changes so fast the first couple of years and who knows what is going to continue to happen after that.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply