Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]

Whats worse some guy who cheated or someone who is so offended they actually spend time talking about it, on a public forum, whats even more ridiculous is that you care if it should be a DQ or a DNF.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]

So you think we should let cheaters get away with it??

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [bruno82] [ In reply to ]

the guy who cheated.

bump

i'll go ahead and say the cheating is worse. if you disagree, what is it you're trying to accomplish by vilifying someone who wants to keep some integrity in the sport.

i'll also go ahead and agree that if you're morally bankrupt enough to cheat... you should be willing to accept whatever consequences come along with being found out. cheating is not, in fact, a victimless crime. "he only hurts himself"... oh yea, and the people he's passed who's overall and age group rankings are changed because of it. further, the promotion or non-punishment of cheating only encourages other would-be cheaters down that path.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

iJen0311 wrote:
He got his results negated... they can't repo his t-shirt and medal.

YET.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]

It's really simple.

A DNF is for someone who doesn't complete the distance.
A DQ is for someone who does something false to complete the distance.

By falsely claiming that he "lost his chip", he should be DQ'd.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Quel] [ In reply to ]

Do the ST police need a warrant?

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [callmefierce] [ In reply to ]

so he hurt the feelings of everyone behind him? 10:$% at kona so everyone in 90th place on back should be notified hey you are no longer 88th place you where 87th place, now go celebrate! who care's what cheaters do they have to take it to the grave. there are a lot more things in this world to get butt hurt about. And by the way cheating is worse of course, sorry forgot to put in pink.

callmefierce wrote:
i'll go ahead and say the cheating is worse. if you disagree, what is it you're trying to accomplish by vilifying someone who wants to keep some integrity in the sport.

i'll also go ahead and agree that if you're morally bankrupt enough to cheat... you should be willing to accept whatever consequences come along with being found out. cheating is not, in fact, a victimless crime. "he only hurts himself"... oh yea, and the people he's passed who's overall and age group rankings are changed because of it. further, the promotion or non-punishment of cheating only encourages other would-be cheaters down that path.

Hell, it's entertaining and a good read.

I say we out the cheaters!!!

"Burn The Witch"
"How do we know she is a witch?"
"She turned me into a newt"
"A newt?"
"I got better"

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [eganski] [ In reply to ]

eganski wrote:
dude was invinceable

indeed!

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

While this thread led me to the great "Finman" incident, I discovered this Slowtwitch video and laughed until tears were coming out of my eyes. This is brilliance at it's best. MUST SEE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2Ow_fSt9I

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Hot Tamales] [ In reply to ]

Hot Tamales wrote:
So you think we should let cheaters get away with it??

No not at all. Just trying to convey that the OP might be allowing this incident to taint their overall experience. Sadly there are cheaters and injustice all over the place so enjoy the effort you put in and it is not worth their effort to ruminate about it.

RX has to live with himself - that is punishment enough without letting him ruin what is a huge accomplishment - a GREAT race in Hawaii and hopefully and awesome vacation.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]

"Imitation forum for slow people" Awesome.