Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [bmeer] [ In reply to ]

bmeer wrote:
Rolly Jogger wrote:
Sick puppy.

As someone who doesn't have a hope in hell of qualifying for Kona (unless, perhaps, I can outlive the rest of my age group!) it's very difficult to understand why anyone would feel the need to do this..... there have to be a few screws lose or a pretty big emtional void!

are you saying i'm a sick puppy? or the cheaters are sick?

If the cap fits! :-)

http://rogersroadrash.blogspot.com/

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [fasterthanTIM] [ In reply to ]

You missed the part where he 'lost' his chip. The fact that he was bragging about it, suggests he wasn't disoriented.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]

SpeedRacer1 wrote:
GOLD!!!!!! My favorite part of the article.

"But what really impressed us was that fact that Mr. Cardia, after finishing Ironman Florida in 12:10:19, ran the New York City Marathon---the very next day."

http://www.everymantri.com/...story-of-finman.html

That was hilarious.

http://www.examiner.com/endurance-sports-in-national/the-continuing-strange-troubling-and-now-told-story-of-finman

Finman Challenge:
http://frankcardia.blogspot.com/2009/10/frank-cardia-puts-out-huge-challenge.html

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]

Good for you for pointing this out and not just letting it slide. It irks me to no end when someone cheats or tries to get some unfair advantage. I thought I saw something very similar at the Gulf Coast Tri in May but I wasn't sure enough to pursue it. I was racing so I could have been wrong. Honestly, I don't know it I'd have the courage to do the right thing under the same circumstances, I hope I would. I vote for DQ.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Hot Tamales] [ In reply to ]

See he lost his chip when he was disoriented.....

So has anyone here lost a chip during the run??????

Somewhat disturbing, the kid's profession is listed as "Investment Management".

fasterthanTIM wrote:
See he lost his chip when he was disoriented.....

So has anyone here lost a chip during the run??????

No.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [caf0] [ In reply to ]

I was thinking of the same person.

Last edited by: fasterthanTIM: Oct 12, 11 6:24

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [caf0] [ In reply to ]

I can't pull up the results for Kona. The file size keeps changing for the PDF.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
I can't pull up the results for Kona. The file size keeps changing for the PDF.

When one avenue is blocked ...

I just looked at all male age groups under tracker and noticed the one at then end that DNF'd. Then you can check a name and see where they qualified with a matching run time as listed by the poster. I have now realized that I could be running/ working and not wasting time, but this is getting interesting. It is possible he was confused.....

Last edited by: fasterthanTIM: Oct 12, 11 6:32

I made a wrong turn at an Im run course once and ran 5km back towards the finish. When I realized what I had done, I turned back around, re ran the 5 km, and then kept running on the correct course.

He was not confused.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [treadster] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
Good for you for pointing this out and not just letting it slide. It irks me to no end when someone cheats or tries to get some unfair advantage. I thought I saw something very similar at the Gulf Coast Tri in May but I wasn't sure enough to pursue it. I was racing so I could have been wrong. Honestly, I don't know it I'd have the courage to do the right thing under the same circumstances, I hope I would. I vote for DQ.

Had a similar incident at IMFL a few years ago (PRE FINMAN). As the first AGer exited T2, both a pro's wife and I looked at each other and said - he's no runner. Joe followed him as 2nd AGer off the bike. Joe passed him quickly, only to re-pass him mid race. Joe saw him ahead AGAIN coming into the finish line. When Joe passed him in the chute, he said "come one buddy, this is the third time I passed you". At the finish before he could point out the guy, Welchy grabbed Joe for an on camera interview. By the time that was over the guy was long gone. Joe reported it, they checked his splits and it was obvious he must have gotten a ride on the run. He caught the mats, but the splits were impossible. He also cut the bike, as he had a much slower swim than Joe and no one passed Joe on the entire bike course. Mr cheater had recorded a 9:18 or so time, a podium spot and a kQ if Joe had not turned him in.

At breakfast the next day we opened the local newspaper only to see a photo of the cheater with the caption "Fastest Local". Joe said "That's Him"! Apparently the paper did not know of the DQ before it went to press.

Those of us with a sense of honesty cannot understand the motivation to cheat. We say "how can he look himself in the mirror". The mindset of a cheater is one who takes pleasure in winning only as beating others. They look at themselves in the mirror and see a clever person who "beats" people.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.

Confused? This is the most famous section of the most famous race in our sport, muthafuka would need to be having a brain aneurysm.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [support crew] [ In reply to ]

support crew wrote:

Those of us with a sense of honesty cannot understand the motivation to cheat. We say "how can he look himself in the mirror". The mindset of a cheater is one who takes pleasure in winning only as beating others. They look at themselves in the mirror and see a clever person who "beats" people.
[/size][/font]

This is good analysis, and is important for people to learn... I think it's called the "human tendency" where humans, thinking others are like themselves at the macro level, look for similarities in people, come to expect them. How can a cheater loom himself in the mirror? That's transferring your basic makeup onto him or her... in fact the cheater, or sociopath, or criminal, is nothing like you deep down.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

I'm tired this morning and looking to "cheat"....

At least give me a "short-cut" and give me the age group.

I want to "cut" to the chase.

His name is...

Rolo Tomassi

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

Furthermore, they believe their actions to be right and justified.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [eganski] [ In reply to ]

Hmmm, that leads me to believe there is a Russel Crowe with a shotgun somewhere.

This happnes all the time, just look at last years IMFL and the dude hed and shoulders above the rest on the run with cool finisher photos...

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [CUBuffFan] [ In reply to ]

CUBuffFan wrote:
This happnes all the time, just look at last years IMFL and the dude hed and shoulders above the rest on the run with cool finisher photos...

hooooooooooo

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter

is it considered outing him if you just put an athlinks "link" on the thread?

John

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]

dude was invinceable

Not worth your time. You were there for your husband's race and nothing else. Move on.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [deathb4DNF] [ In reply to ]

deathb4DNF wrote:
:high five: I hate it when people brag about cheating. Some people might nag on you for negating his results but, he doesn't deserve those results.

Take solace in knowing that gets to stare at that medal and know that he didn't actually complete that race, and that he has to know that he was a cheater the rest of his life.

Thank you for standing up for the integrity of our sport even though others do not.

Ditto!
He may never live up to his time from this race ever again.... unless he does some serious running training to justify his cheated split at his next!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://pandaspov.blogspot.com/

Prev Next