Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [alligatorCAN] [ In reply to ]

Kip Litton or newbz?

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]

Finman? I must not have been around fot that one. Damn!

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]

Oh shit, you have a lot of catching up to do. Just search, and enjoy the next few hours.

Irony?

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [iJen0311] [ In reply to ]

"Silly too, since he KQ'd and it's not like he can't complete an Ironman."
---------------------------------------------------

I have a VERY hard time believing that anyone who has put in the level of hard work needed to legitimately qualify for Kona would debase that effort by cutting the course at the most important Ironman of them all. I completely agree with the poster that said he probably also cheated to qualify in the first place.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]

GOLD!!!!!! My favorite part of the article.

"But what really impressed us was that fact that Mr. Cardia, after finishing Ironman Florida in 12:10:19, ran the New York City Marathon---the very next day."

http://www.everymantri.com/...story-of-finman.html
Last edited by: SpeedRacer1: Oct 11, 11 21:59

Oh you haven't even found his videos to slowtwitch and the finman challenge. Keep searching. It gets even better.

"I hope you don't have the wrong guy, as when I look at the results he's a DNF, not a 10:11 finisher."
---------------------------------------------

Even so, it was still not difficult to find him.

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"

SpeedRacer1 wrote:
GOLD!!!!!! My favorite part of the article.

"But what really impressed us was that fact that Mr. Cardia, after finishing Ironman Florida in 12:10:19, ran the New York City Marathon---the very next day."

http://www.everymantri.com/...story-of-finman.html

"Runs a successful mortgage business"

Ya don't say.

Looking at the results pdf it looks like there are no DQ's, probably because the organisers don't want controversy at Kona, it must be a perfect day.

I'd be genuinely interested to hear why this person felt compelled to cheat, what goes through these idiots mind's when they consciously make a decision to cheat in an event and something as prestigious as the Kona IM.

Feel free to post the race number, as far as I'm concerned, there shouldn't be this "non-ratting" policy when someone cheats, you're not protecting their honour because they have none, they shat all over that when they decided to cheat. Maybe a public shaming will help them realise the dick move they pulled and ensure they don't try anything like that ever again.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [rj2501] [ In reply to ]

There's a lot of it about.............
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...the-finish-line.html

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Stev] [ In reply to ]

Thanks for the link Stev, *facepalm* at that runner. Here are some quotes from yesterday where he flatly denies any wrongdoing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/...ngland-tyne-15252687 ... what a difference a day makes... makes me sick.

I don't know about the rest of you but if I cheated and got a medal it would be what I imagine the feelings you get after stealing something; for me, it would be worse to get a medal/award having cheated.

It would most likely put me off exercising or at least the sport I cheated at, I certainly wouldn't be able to show my face at events for fear of dirty looks and comments directed at me (part of the reason why I think blatant cheaters should be called out and get lifetime bans).

At the moment it seems like organisers like to cover up instances of cheating because they think it reflects badly on the event whereas I think if they published the instances of drafting penalties, disqualifications (and reasons behind disqualifications), event bans, it would show they're doing a good job and would help discourage cheaters from participating in those events where they do manage with a rod of steel.
Last edited by: rj2501: Oct 12, 11 2:41

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [NAB777] [ In reply to ]

NAB777 wrote:
chunt wrote:
If he had to cheat, and then had to brag about a fictitious marathon split, it sounds like he's in a pretty shitty place.

I would just take solace in that and forget it.

Pretty good call, that.

I couldn't begin to understand what would drive a person to do such a thing.

+1. This is sad but it didn't really hurt anyone other than your friend.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]

Psychopath might be a little strong. Though all psychopaths are certainly liars (of a sort), not all liars and cheaters are psychopaths.

Not that you meant it clinically or anything.

I also agree with the poster that asks re the mentality. This is quite a stunt when you think about it. All the way to kona for that. Lonely dude (must have gone alone to the race).

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [rj2501] [ In reply to ]

I would indicate his name in the ST forum and everyone be the judge.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [chunt] [ In reply to ]

Sad thing is, he might have gone 10:XX or 11:XX at Kona w/o cheating - which is plenty to brag about.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.

I've never done Ironman, but I've seen this sort of thing a lot. Some people skip a lap on the bike, others take a short cut on the run. I'm pretty familiar with most of the times of athletes in my age group, so it is pretty obvious when an athlete suddenly has a 10min PB in an Olympic Distance Run (ie. 47 to 37 mins).

On average I would see this in at least 1 out of 3 races - cheaper than PEDs

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Macca] [ In reply to ]

It probably took a lot more effort to make his little "lose the chip" move than it would've to just keep running and finish honorably. Wasted effort.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Macca] [ In reply to ]

the results book isn't working anymore? i wonder...........

Tim

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]

twinracer2 wrote:
the results book isn't working anymore? i wonder...........

Same for me. Been trying to access it to check the results in general (ok, and to see who the cheater is), but it will not open at all.

----------------------------------------------------------
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
If at first you DO succeed, try to hide your astonishment!

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [kny] [ In reply to ]

kny wrote:
Kip Litton or newbz?

you beat me to it. just round up the usual suspects.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [bmeer] [ In reply to ]

Sick puppy.

As someone who doesn't have a hope in hell of qualifying for Kona (unless, perhaps, I can outlive the rest of my age group!) it's very difficult to understand why anyone would feel the need to do this..... there have to be a few screws lose or a pretty big emtional void!

http://rogersroadrash.blogspot.com/

:high five: I hate it when people brag about cheating. Some people might nag on you for negating his results but, he doesn't deserve those results.

Take solace in knowing that gets to stare at that medal and know that he didn't actually complete that race, and that he has to know that he was a cheater the rest of his life.

Thank you for standing up for the integrity of our sport even though others do not.

Lifelong Endurance Coach
Triathlon - Running - Cycling - Nutrition
Check us out online to see what we offer
http://www.lifelongendurance.com

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Rolly Jogger] [ In reply to ]

Rolly Jogger wrote:
Sick puppy.

As someone who doesn't have a hope in hell of qualifying for Kona (unless, perhaps, I can outlive the rest of my age group!) it's very difficult to understand why anyone would feel the need to do this..... there have to be a few screws lose or a pretty big emtional void!

are you saying i'm a sick puppy? or the cheaters are sick?

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [mahlergrooves2] [ In reply to ]

Just tried to check that, too. Hoping there will be a swim/bike split and then a DNF which would be pretty easy to find the name. Then find out where he qualified and his past results has I have a little time to waste this morning..

But to give him benefit of the doubt, some people are just plain stupid and I would not post his name. I have done races where people really think they ran a 19 min 5k and really completed two loops in a sprint even thought their fastest 5k in an open race in 24 mins.

Maybe the guy was really disoriented from the heat and dehydration. I had a friend that got confused when she entered a portable toilet at an area where athletes were going both ways and she went the wrong way thus cutting several miles of the course. I can think of at least 1/2 dozens races where I know people cut the course and mostly likely not intentional. It is not that I spend countless hours analyzing results, it is that I remember if I get passed on the bike of run.

Last edited by: fasterthanTIM: Oct 12, 11 5:51

Prev Next