Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [triathlon1989] [ In reply to ]

we need to get you into some other threads so this one will die. there is nothing left here that is remotely beneficial.

i'm concerned about your emotional well being at this point and i think interacting with the WhiteWizzard individual that decides to remain anonymous on this forum is not good at this point. take some time to reflect on things as you already have. heck find a shrink if you think you need to. or go pay respects to the demons of the pain cave and take your punishment into your own hands and become a stronger athlete. but at this point in the game, apologizing to a nameless/faceless/digital punk isn't going to make you feel any better or get you farther from this mistake.

it's time to move on!

that is all!

Tim

triathlon1989 wrote:
White Wizard,

I know you have been one of my harshest critics and I am not trying to convince you that what I did was even remotely permissible, but I just want to clarify…

Not once did I brag about my race when my parents were not “within earshot.” My parents are by far my biggest supports and ones that I felt I was letting down the most. This bragging was indeed killing me on the inside, but at the time I was not ready to stare my parents in the face in front of all the people I met during the trip and tell them what had transpired. The process of coming clean happened that night in the comforts of my condo which enabled me to start my cascade of admittance which eventually reached WTC, my sponsors, my friends, this forum and others.

It is important to realize that I wanted to but couldn’t admit to something this intense out in public all at once. I needed to do this in steps, so my life didn’t crumble around me in an instance. Yes, it still did, but at least it was in a semi-digestible fashion that didn’t leave me broken in an alley somewhere. Instead I learned A TON and am re-evaluating my entire motivation and subsequent insolvent in triathlon

-Mike

Now this is getting really interesting.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

The impulse in a situation like this when you have been caught in a shameful act is to try restore your reputation immediately and quickly reverse the damage. Unfortunately words won't correct a lapse like this quickly, only sustained good actions over time will. An apology is a good start but only has meaning if it is backed up by action and maintained over time.

Once a trust is broken it can't be restored by words alone.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

Don’t get too excited...its a few family friends that helped me pay for my trip to Kona (I just graduated college) as well as a couple nameless sponsors that any athlete who fills out an application can get...those are all gone at this point it is fair to say

Please don’t try to make it out that I am trying to protect them by apologizing...this is for me
Last edited by: triathlon1989: Oct 14, 11 12:28

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [white wizzard] [ In reply to ]

White Wizzard, it's time to go away. You've made your point and Mike has expressed his regret. Be done with it.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]

twinracer2 wrote:
we need to get you into some other threads so this one will die. there is nothing left here that is remotely beneficial.

i'm concerned about your emotional well being at this point and i think interacting with the WhiteWizzard individual that decides to remain anonymous on this forum is not good at this point. take some time to reflect on things as you already have. heck find a shrink if you think you need to. or go pay respects to the demons of the pain cave and take your punishment into your own hands and become a stronger athlete. but at this point in the game, apologizing to a nameless/faceless/digital punk isn't going to make you feel any better or get you farther from this mistake.

it's time to move on!

that is all!

What he said, Mike. You have no obligation to respond to White Wizzard anymore, or anyone else on here for that matter. Let him say what he wants, but it doesn't affect you.

Time to move on. We should go for a nice easy ride or something next week.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]

japarker24 wrote:
Now this is getting really interesting.

No. quite the opposite, actually.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Everyone makes poor judgment calls.
Use this as learning lesson and one day things will fall into place.

Aside from what WTC punishment may dish out, maybe volunteering a few years (Kona?) at aid stations on the run (epically cup cleaning detail) would be a way to make amends.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Printer86] [ In reply to ]

Printer86 wrote:
White Wizzard, it's time to go away. You've made your point and Mike has expressed his regret. Be done with it.

I'm not done yet.

It's better he learns this lesson real well now because later in life if you screw up like this when you hold real power or responsibility the world will come crashing down on your head far far harder than the little bit of scolding suffered here.

This kid NEEDS a harsh wake up. Not coddling.

When did you, some anonymous twit on the internet, become that guy. Please, let it go.

Last edited by: Printer86: Oct 14, 11 13:12

Why don't you let go trying to get me to let go.

I will when you move on. Why don't you take this protest off the internet and do it in person. You can "Occupy Kona".

Printer86 wrote:
I will when you move on. Why don't you take this protest off the internet and do it in person. You can "Occupy Kona".

All right I didn't want to do this but you are henceforth banned from reading any more of my posts.

White Wizzard,
I don’t think there is anything you can say that will be a “harsh wakeup” at this point that has not been discussed already.

1. His family and friends disappointment.
2. What has been stated on ST already.
3. He has not done to himself already (guilt).
4. Sponsorship withdraw (?)
5. WTC and race director DQ and possible other actions.

And frankly it’s to soon for further actions to rectify, other than what he has done already i.e. publicly out himself, letters of apology and returning shirt and medal.

At this time anything else you say will not trump what was stated above (especially parents and friends)

Mike,

You're healthier than some of those interacting with you here - health defined in a larger context. You risk that health by hanging around. You've done the right thing. As others are suggesting - move on. You've now given more of yourself to this venue than it warrants.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [heliix] [ In reply to ]

heliix wrote:
White Wizzard,

I don’t think there is anything you can say that will be a “harsh wakeup” at this point that has not been discussed already.

And frankly it’s to soon for further actions to rectify, other than what he has done already i.e. publicly out himself, letters of apology and returning shirt and medal.

At this time anything else you say will not trump what was stated above (especially parents and friends)

Hey, the guy addressed me directly and I responded. He wants to hear that everything is OK now that he fessed up and apologized. I'm not willing to give him a pass as easy as you softies.

Now if he was DRAFTING you would have hung him already.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Biff Carbon] [ In reply to ]

Biff Carbon wrote:
Mike,

You're healthier than some of those interacting with you here - health defined in a larger context. You risk that health by hanging around. You've done the right thing. As others are suggesting - move on. You've now given more of yourself to this venue than it warrants.

Another coddler. Now the bragging cheater is the victim. You guys are unbelievable.

white wizzard wrote:
because later in life if you screw up like this when you hold real power or responsibility the world will come crashing down on your head far far harder than the little bit of scolding suffered here.

or you get bail out money, and a fat bonus, and life goes on, only you're richer (and everyone else lost money)...

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Francois wrote:
white wizzard wrote:
because later in life if you screw up like this when you hold real power or responsibility the world will come crashing down on your head far far harder than the little bit of scolding suffered here.

or you get bail out money, and a fat bonus, and life goes on, only you're richer (and everyone else lost money)...
Lol

white wizzard wrote:
heliix wrote:
White Wizzard,

Hey, the guy addressed me directly and I responded. He wants to hear that everything is OK now that he fessed up and apologized. I'm not willing to give him a pass as easy as you softies.

Now if he was DRAFTING you would have hung him already.

Mike never said that, ANYWHERE. He actually said he would speak to you (and anyone else) on the phone if they wanted to discuss it further. If you really want to be a man and give him a lesson, I suggest you do that. Stop hiding. If you send me a message with your phone number I'll have Mike call you. Don't reply on the forum, you've made your point here already. Send me a message, and you can "teach him your lesson" personally. And I am dead serious about this.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [mgalluzz] [ In reply to ]

But mgalluzz, White Wizzard is only powerful on the interweb. In person, he is just another mild mannered citizen.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [mgalluzz] [ In reply to ]

My son is the same age as Mike. My son makes some bad decisions .... that's how he learns and he grows up a bit each time. Yes, Mike cheated, but come on!! He has apologised and I bet he has learned a big life lesson from it!! He hasn't killed anyone, he has stolen anyone's life saving, he's not dealing drugs (I don't think!), so a little perspective please.

Mike, this one poor choice does not define who you are. You have apologised and accepted the consequences and that should be enough now. You don't have to keep defending yourself. Learn from this and move on!! I hope you go back to triathlon ... don't let one error in judgement taint your thoughts about tri's or about yourself generally. As I said, my son is your age so I know how impulsive decisions can be made at that age. You don't have to pay forever and you certainly don't have to keep explaining yourself to anyone but your family. Just let it go now.

White Wizzard
I lead by example and expect nothing less from my subordinates. I do not coddle nor will I ever encourage cheating.

However Mike has shown courage by stepping forward and very publicly admitting to his poor decisions. This does not absolve him of the situation; it’s taking personal responsibility.

At this time his punishment is determined by USAT, and WTC. Not ST.
Mike will have to live with the decisions made by his family, friends, sponsors and the governing body.

What your doing is not teaching a lesson its persecuting someone for taking personally responsibility.
Last edited by: heliix: Oct 14, 11 19:15

I only ask that you don't apologize to WTC... They have been cheating athlete's for years and never said sorry.... ;).

Good on you for stepping up. Remember that truly being sorry requires you to never do it again.
Last edited by: edtlonsway: Oct 15, 11 12:38

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Replying to: Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [triathlon1989] by Francois
Post: Your only chance for redemption is to post a picture of you on your bike in your living room
to let the slowtwitch armchair fitters make fun of the decoration, the curtains, the dead plants, your
cat, your dog, and the color of your couch.
---------------------------------------------

Awesome post!

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla

Prev Next