Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]

Gandalf wrote:
white wizzard wrote:
Not so different eh.
If this guy was in a financial field and he was way behind and under huge stress you don't think he might fudge the numbers to make it OK and then it snowballs. By his own words that is exactly what he did in Kona. They are VERY similar.
How many of the regulars would even slightly CONSIDER what he did?

I've considered a lot of things that I have never and would never do.

Why are you talking to yourself, and haven't you read the policy about a single handle for all STers?

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Maybe he is still in the Fellowship.

anyone else notice White Wizzard joined oct12th and has only posted on this thread? seems weird right?

Tim

Francois wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
white wizzard wrote:
Not so different eh.
If this guy was in a financial field and he was way behind and under huge stress you don't think he might fudge the numbers to make it OK and then it snowballs. By his own words that is exactly what he did in Kona. They are VERY similar.
How many of the regulars would even slightly CONSIDER what he did?

I've considered a lot of things that I have never and would never do.

Why are you talking to yourself, and haven't you read the policy about a single handle for all STers?

It's not me Francois. I'm still Gandalf the Grey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis

On devient gris quand on habite en RP ;-)

Francois wrote:
On devient gris quand on habite en RP ;-)
plus en Region Parisien mon vieux. Austin, Tx.

btw, your mother smells of elderberries and your father was a hamster

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis

Ah on est voisin alors!

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]

I hate that white wizzard guy. He is really really mean.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [slick] [ In reply to ]

easing back into the posts i see.........

i concur, but then again he's just a digital figment of my imagination at the moment.

Tim

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]

DavHamm wrote:
white wizzard wrote:

I was trying to get info about the Kona race and stumbled on this. I was a little pissed that people were patting a course cutter on the back for admitting it only AFTER he got caught so I commented about that.

Uhm , you did see he had already come clean to his family and friends before this posting started. A friend of his directed him here later.

It amazes me how people can't read and remember a short thread on a forum.

I'd hardly call this a short thread ;)

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]

twinracer2 wrote:
anyone else notice White Wizzard joined oct12th and has only posted on this thread? seems weird right?

Yeah, I noticed and posted that somewhere in the 10's page I think. It is weird.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [SpicedRum] [ In reply to ]

SpicedRum wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
white wizzard wrote:

I was trying to get info about the Kona race and stumbled on this. I was a little pissed that people were patting a course cutter on the back for admitting it only AFTER he got caught so I commented about that.

Uhm , you did see he had already come clean to his family and friends before this posting started. A friend of his directed him here later.

It amazes me how people can't read and remember a short thread on a forum.

I'd hardly call this a short thread ;)

Lets recap. Dude cuts course and finishes. Takes off timing chip and lies to officials that he lost it on the course. Went around bragging about his awesome race and blazing fast run split. One of the people he bragged to was the OP who was following her husband's race but had met the offender earlier in the week saw him on the course and realized that something was amiss and turned him. Officials looked into it, realized he cut course and DNFd him. NOW he is busted. Slowly dawns on him that gig is up and is forced to come clean to avoid even further damage.

That about right? I think my reading comp is pretty good.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

wonder if SLOWMAN could shed some light on that one?

(i like a good conspiracy theory though)

Tim
Last edited by: twinracer2: Oct 13, 11 11:59

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]

I just don't know how I could look at myself in the mirror if I cheated at something like that. Unless your going for the podium, you're really only cheating yourself. Feel bad for the guys lack of self-esteem. He should be more proud just being able to compete in such an event.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [triathlon1989] [ In reply to ]

Everyone makes mistakes mate. It's not that big a deal, it's only sport but good on you for owning up. It's daft that someone even started this thread.

Its triathlon, not life or death.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [white wizzard] [ In reply to ]

[/quote] Lets recap. Dude cuts course and finishes. Takes off timing chip and lies to officials that he lost it on the course. Went around bragging about his awesome race and blazing fast run split. One of the people he bragged to was the OP who was following her husband's race but had met the offender earlier in the week saw him on the course and realized that something was amiss and turned him. Officials looked into it, realized he cut course and DNFd him. NOW he is busted. Slowly dawns on him that gig is up and is forced to come clean to avoid even further damage.

That about right? I think my reading comp is pretty good.[/quote]

Dude, stop beating a dead horse. You can spin it that way if you want, but that's exactly what you're doing, spinning it. You're reading comprehension clearly isn't good if that's exactly how you think it happened.

Everyone here realizes that you despise Mike for what happened. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but move on now. Everyone else has.
Last edited by: mgalluzz: Oct 13, 11 12:32

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [KingJulian] [ In reply to ]

KingJulian wrote:
Everyone makes mistakes mate. It's not that big a deal, it's only sport but good on you for owning up. It's daft that someone even started this thread.

Its triathlon, not life or death.

Any of you know and know any Ironmen who are or were in the marines?

I do. Its a big deal to them.

"Its triathlon, not life or death."

Kinda my thoughts exactly. Interesting situation from start to (faux) finish, and I'm sure as we all know this isn't the first instance of this occurring, nor will it be the last.

To those scolding the OP for bringing this to light in the first place...I say, where there's smoke, there's fire, and as others have said the "accusation" was well thought out and researched (one can opine on that alone for a variety of reasons, but I will leave it be lol)...and ultimately proved to be true.

To the young offender...while almost all of us here would never contemplate, consider, plan, or decide to do what you did, I do appreciate that you have owned up to this in a reasonable manner. Again, we can conjure up all of the potential reasons for the confession, but the fact is it took place, privately, publicly and to the race and organization involved. Ultimately no one outside of yourself was harmed, and even you will recover...perhaps in some grand fashion yet to be determined.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [mgalluzz] [ In reply to ]

mgalluzz wrote:

Everyone here realizes that you despise Mike for what happened. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but move on now. Everyone else has.[/quote]'

Who is Mike?

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [SpeedRacer1] [ In reply to ]

I think I peed little watching that...it's been a while! Holy crap - that was good stuff!

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [Mike C] [ In reply to ]

Mike C wrote:
"Its triathlon, not life or death."

Kinda my thoughts exactly. Interesting situation from start to (faux) finish, and I'm sure as we all know this isn't the first instance of this occurring, nor will it be the last.

To those scolding the OP for bringing this to light in the first place...I say, where there's smoke, there's fire, and as others have said the "accusation" was well thought out and researched (one can opine on that alone for a variety of reasons, but I will leave it be lol)...and ultimately proved to be true.

To the young offender...while almost all of us here would never contemplate, consider, plan, or decide to do what you did, I do appreciate that you have owned up to this in a reasonable manner. Again, we can conjure up all of the potential reasons for the confession, but the fact is it took place, privately, publicly and to the race and organization involved. Ultimately no one outside of yourself was harmed, and even you will recover...perhaps in some grand fashion yet to be determined.

Well said. A lot of people on their high horse because it's the internet... They'd be less quick to judge if someone aired their dirty laundry.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [white wizzard] [ In reply to ]

white wizzard wrote:
mgalluzz wrote:

Everyone here realizes that you despise Mike for what happened. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but move on now. Everyone else has.
'

Who is Mike?[/quote]
I hope that was supposed to be pink. If not, your reading comprehension really does suck.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.

Can we start a petition to ban the white wizzard? I really hate that guy.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [triathlon1989] [ In reply to ]

Glad you came forward, and that you did it promptly. First step in rebuilding your character.

Keeping a secret like that can rot you from the inside out.

While I still think you should bear the consequences of your actions in some kind of penalty form, my feeling is that you've learned a brutal lesson the hard way, you manned up and are taking the medicine. Peace on you, brother.

Re: Should this be a DQ or DNF at Kona? [lanceman] [ In reply to ]

Wait, the race goes through the Energy Lab?

~~~~~~~~~
Yours in golf,
PGA_MIKE
Couch Potato to IM SPUD in 4 years

Prev Next