Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Should I try a larger size bike? Canyon to BMC
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

First, apologies if something need clarification. I am using all the knowledge (very limited) of bike fitting I have. Previously, I was on a 2014 BMC TM01 (M-S). The frame cracked and I ended up getting a Canyon Speedmax CF (S). I was pretty sure it was going to be small for me, but didn't want to turn it down. After a year of riding this, I am fairly certain that this frame is too small for me.

I am looking to move back to the TM01 (new model) with a flat bar cockpit. I am thinking about moving to the M-L. My main reason is that I want to move back to the 465mm arm bad reach and maybe even further out. The flat cockpit arm reach is as follows:
M-S: 381-467mm
M-L: 422-508mm

My reasoning is that I'm almost maxed out at the M-S for my arm pad reach, whereas I would have extended room to go out further if I feel like it, while still being able to comfortably shorten up too.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/...ometry+MY19+Road.pdf

Both fits were done by great professional fitters using RETUL. No knock on them. They did the best they could with my equipment's adjustment ability. Very happy with them.

On TM01
Arm pad reach: 465mm
Seat Height: 720mm (tip of saddle to center of bottom bracket)

On Canyon
Arm pad reach: 437mm
Arm pad stack: 610mm (BB vertical to top of arm pad

Is there anything I'm not considering when getting the M-L that I have no accounted for? Is this a smart decision? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Should I try a larger size bike? Canyon to BMC [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply