Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Short Cranks power offset for wahoo bolt
Quote | Reply
I ride 135mm cranks. Just got assioma duo pedals. The wahoo bolt sets default crank length and overrides the assioma setting. But the Bolt only goes to 165mm. Wahoo help told me to use the power offset feature to adjust for the difference. But do any of you physics folks know what I ought to set the offset to to compensate? Thanks for any help!
Quote Reply
Re: Short Cranks power offset for wahoo bolt [Hesiod] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe it's (165/135)*100.

Or 122%. As just a decimal, 1.22.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Short Cranks power offset for wahoo bolt [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. I’m going to expose my ignorance.

But in simple terms—does this mean 300 watts is “actually” 366?

No...I think it’s the other way around. If I leave it at 165mm it calculates really high...?
Last edited by: Hesiod: Jul 7, 19 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I discovered the same problem with 155mm cranks. Wahoo still hasn't corrected it either which is a real shame since it's got to be one of the easiest programming fixes in the world to make. Hell, they could pay me $200 and I'd take care of it for them.

Anyways, still a problem and for me I'm just going to have to return my Bolt. The way I see it, my Garmin is going to constantly be re-setting the crank length back to 155 and I'll never really know what it is. So unless I want to live in a world where I know my power is always 7% too high, I just have to return it and get a 530.

EDIT: Oh, and the answer to your question Hesiod is that yes, your power will always read 22% high. So if you see 300W on your Wahoo, you're really at 245W.
Last edited by: matate99: Apr 3, 20 18:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why I sold my Bolt on eBay. I have 145's on my tri bike and 160's on my road bike. It was too much of a hassle keeping track of my actual power. I'm happy with the Garmin 530 I purchased as a replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: Short Cranks power offset for wahoo bolt [alfaholic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I got rid of my Element for the same reason. Contacted Wahoo several times and finally they basically said that it is not on their list of things to do. If they had told me its a few months out or the fix is in the works,I would have kept it. Bought a Garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fired up my bolt for the first time since getting 160mm cranks and noticed this issue. Is there a simple and accurate way to resolve this, or will I be buying a Garmin?
Quote Reply
Re: Short Cranks power offset for wahoo bolt [BevK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is, unfortunately Wahoo has no plans to fix it. At least thats what they told me.
So if you want to do math equations every time you use your computer with power. It will work. If not, Garmin is a good option.
Quote Reply
Re: Short Cranks power offset for wahoo bolt [Mniels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply - Disappointing that Wahoo wont fix this issue.
Quote Reply