Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoes
Quote | Reply
My carnacs are coming apart. Is there anywhere on this shoe that idicates the size? I test rode a pair of Shimano Tri shoes (finally) and realized I preferred a 3 strap system. My feet fit the shimanos but moved around alot when I started to motor. Anyway, only 4 weeks to IMNZ and really need to get my feet in some new shoes. Anyone try the Shimano road (3 strap) shoes? Carnacs are hard to find locally and I may have to mail order.

Aloha
Quote Reply
Re: Shoes [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the SH-R150s pictured below. These are second from the top of the Shmano road line and I think cost around $170 - $190. They have three velcro straps whereas the top end shoe replaces one of the strapes with one of those ratchet buckle thingies. They have a carbon fiber sole that is uber-stiff, and are an all around nice shoe. I think they look great too, well until I fell and slid about 25 feet on the side of my right shoe. :-( The one thing that may feel a little strange is that they have a pretty significant upward slant in the toe area. I don't think it's something that everyone would like. I have been happy with the shoe, but am planning to switch to a pair of Sidis. I'm sort of between sizes on the shimanos (I wish they made a 47.5) and the heel is just a tad too big for my foot.

Quote Reply
Re: Shoes [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I now ride Sidi Genius IV but have Sidi T1 should I want to use them. I will only own Sidi from here on out because of the fit. Once you find that "fit" you'll never have a question as to what you want. Of course, once you find that shoe that is perfect they will discontinue it . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Shoes [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes Pooks i too have the 150's and i need a 47.5. I bought the 47s and they made my toes fall asleep and felt like i was ripping my toe nails off (it didnt feel good) so i bought the 48s and theyre a bit too big. I like them.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply