Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv hydration
Quote | Reply
Hi - I like having the hydration bladder hidden in the frame, but the drinking tube is clunky - it’s non-aero and difficult (for me) to drink from, having to remove from the magnet then reattach. It also breaks free over bumpy surfaces. Has anyone managed to convert to use more like one of the aero mounted bike bottles with the vertical straws? Like the attached...

Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv hydration [JonDW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replace the magnet with velcro (a 360 wrap of the fuzzy side on the straw, and a strip of the hook side on your aerobar).

You could do this and also attach a stiff (LDPE) straw to the tube instead of the bite valve.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Made a few modifications to mine:

1) Cut the straw shorter (less bouncing around)
2) Added bite valve from camelback (less effort to drink)
3) added second magnet midway through the straw (does not bounce around and snaps right back after I’m done drinking)

Love mine - pretty much the best invention since aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you both for the ideas. I will experiment with a straw and Velcro!
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv hydration [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Anton - realise you’re in US and I’m UK, but what kind of second magnet did you buy and from where?

Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JonDW wrote:
Hey Anton - realise you’re in US and I’m UK, but what kind of second magnet did you buy and from where?

Thx

I literally found a small magnet piece 1cm*1cm (I think it may have been a part of a toy) and taped that midway through the tube. Got a small piece of metal (same size, or slightly larger) and taped it in similar spot on aerobars.
Last edited by: Anton84: Oct 10, 19 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv hydration [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it. Now to raid my daughters toys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how many ounces or mL that rear bladder holds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple mods to the tube is to use a camelback bite valve and to modify the magnet so it’s stronger. The magnets they provide are plenty strong, but the problem is the silicone/rubber mounts for the magnet add too much thickness of material. To get the magnets closer when connected I ripped the one that connects to your bar apart and electric taped the bare magnet to the bar. With this, the drinking tube mounted magnet holds very well and never pops off inadvertently. These mods cost almost nothing and the tube is very aero as it sits right next to my BTA bottle. Love the integrated system.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv hydration [rustyb04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rustyb04 wrote:
Does anyone know how many ounces or mL that rear bladder holds?
OP Is referring to the older style frame.

The new frame holds ~1.1-1.5L depending on Saddle Height
Quote Reply