Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano wins. Campy sucks.!!!
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

if you haven't been there yet...it gives some great insight on why one should ride Shimano instead of campy... ;)

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Last edited by: Kevin Gregg: Apr 13, 04 5:00
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano wins. Campy sucks.!!! [Kevin Gregg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin Gregg,

Touché. Sorry, I can't seem to get the ' above the "e". Help anyone?

Kevin, I love it! I prefer Campy but that was great!

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Apr 13, 04 10:43
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano wins. Campy sucks.!!! [Wants2rideFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alt 130 = é

I however fail to see any relation between Campy and some poorly made over priced Assos tights. That being said, I would rather have ice cube balls on Campy than ride Shimano any day...in Nebraska.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano wins. Campy sucks.!!! [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Record10ti,

Got it. Thanks for the instruction.

You're one tough cyclist. Here's to a seedy, sorry, I meant speedy, recovery.

I love you too.

Ben Cline

Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed.
Last edited by: Wants2rideFast: Apr 13, 04 10:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wanted to add that I built up a new bike this past week with Campy 10 speed. I havent ridden a campy bike in years but our team got new frames and the tax return just showed up etc. and I have to say I am impressed. Raced a 90 minute pro 1/2 crit on Sunday and loved the shifting. Having smaller hands, it was much easier to grab the thumb button from the drops and bang through a few gears coming out of a corner than with my old D/A setup. I like the more positive "pop" with each gear as well. My only gripe is with the brake quick release in the lever versus the caliper. Switching between wheels with slightly different rim widths is much easier if you can just open the release slightly. same for neutral support wheels in case of flats during crits. Otherwise I am sold.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano wins. Campy sucks.!!! [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the wheel install, I prefer now that the device be in my shifter as well. I like that if I need to I can open the caliper from my bars and keep my hands away from the wheels. Also, when you do - I can have the caliper open, and not loose brake force the way you do with a ShimaNO caliper when opened.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to put non shifting break-levers like Dia-comp on your bike you have a problem. I'm building a new bike with Chorus right now, I love that stuff. However, I put barend shifters and Cane Creek Brake Levers so I probably will put some Shimano breakes on the bike. I know it's a shame but functionality for fashion (although that's pretty important too).
Campi breaklevers are 40 grams heavier and 100$ more expensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano wins. Campy sucks.!!! [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you must deviate from Campy - get some Brew, Dia Comp or something...ANYTHING but Shimano...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben,

oh...and just to clarify...i was trying to be funny. If i could afford it, i would put chorus on my next bike.

Until i graduate and start making some $$$, gonna have to be ultegra bound...:P

:D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that's not true anymore, you can get a Chorus bike for less than a DA bike and a centaur for less than a Ultegra (which are the once to compare, read Dan's tread about it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The nice thing about campy right now is that even if you go with a lower priced group. i.e. Centaur or Veloce. They are already 10 speed. If you buy Shimano right now Only DA is 10. Ultegra 10 wont be out until this fall. Thats what made my decision. You would be crazy to buy new Ultegra 9 speed now. It will be obsolete in 3 months. The Centaur in the special gunmetal finish is awesome. Looks like XTR cheaper than ultegra.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the problem was...when i bought my bike...i was relatively uninformed...

next bike...different story.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ben,

oh...and just to clarify...i was trying to be funny. If i could afford it, i would put chorus on my next bike.

Until i graduate and start making some $$$, gonna have to be ultegra bound...:P

:D[/reply]

Kevin,

I didn't miss it. You were. Side splitting laughter is therapeutic. Bravo. Thanks.

Ben Cline

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hehe...good stuff...

i am 30 minutes from the worst exam of my life...and a little delerious right now...not much comes off as it seems.

:D

Quote Reply