Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano to AXS
Quote | Reply
Ok working in converting a p3 to red etap axs 1x.

First off did SRAM have to change everything? Even the crank is mounted different.

Now I just converted the PowerTap G3 rear wheel with a new xdr hub and cassette and when I installed on the bike it does not spin when I tighten the skewer but does when not tightened. I reused the old hub end cap so my only guess is that I need a new one which I ordered but any other thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano to AXS [hueby416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you replace the hub? Or freehub body?
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano to AXS [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea the free hub is replaced and axs cassette installed. I am pretty confident it has to be the end cap as it clearly goes into the new hub further than the previous hub did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would call and ask.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xdr has it's own end cap. It should have come with the new XDR freehub and most have XDR laser etched on them.

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano to AXS [ProWrench84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep that is what I would think but for sure does not come with the hub which is baffling to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem in reverse... converted XDR freehub to Shimano. Wheel wouldn’t spin when tightened. Ordered the proper end caps and that did the trick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hueby416 wrote:
Yep that is what I would think but for sure does not come with the hub which is baffling to me

Hub? Or freehub body?
Last edited by: jimatbeyond: Nov 27, 20 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano to AXS [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just to let everybody know there is no "XDR" hub for the powertap g3 hub and SRAM says they are not going to make one. Seems like the install base would be big enough to justify but I guess if you are SRAM you have to pick your battles.

If anybody wants a great deal on a HED Jet9 with powertapG3 hit me up:).

I was thinking this would be easier than going to DI2 which I am now second guessing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cant you just put a novatech XDR 12speed free hub on that G3? they are available on eBay. I did it a few years ago to convert 10 speed to 11 speed on my powertap SL.
Quote Reply