Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano TR50 vs. Adidas Tri Carbon
Quote | Reply
After wearing out my Shimano TR01 over the last couple of years, its time for a new pair of bike shoes. I am looking at the Shimano TR50 and the Adidas adistar Tri Carbon's. I will be trying both on as I know that fit comes first. Besides that factor does anyone with experience with either of these shoes have any input. These will be used for both training and racing. Comfort with and without socks? How long did they hold up? ????? Thanks!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano TR50 vs. Adidas Tri Carbon [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a new pair of TR50s back in August '07 and they're still just as good today as back then. I have Speedplay cleats on the soles, and I've found the shoes very easy to get into and out of when I have them clipped to the pedals to begin the bike and then to end it.

BK
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cannot recall when I bought my TR 50's but it is several years ago and they are still going strong - I do not wear socks on the bike - for training or racing and they are very comfortable - I do change out the insole Superfeet so had to go half a size bigger. Great shoes.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of Adidas Tri Carbon for Christmas...and took them down with me to Trinidad for the year. They did not hold up very well at all!!! I would strongly recommend not buying them. The metal loop that the strap goes through broke on me...and then the back heal strap broke and then some of the design stuff started pealing off the the shoe. They were terrible... didn't even make it 6 months. I would have tried taking them back to the store but I was overseas...

-Ben

"Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has."

-Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SHimano for me, keeps my feet from cooking on long hot days good stiff sole, comfy on my feet.. My wife just went with the Specialized Tri shoe and was a toss up between that and the shimano, the Specialized was a little cheaper and fit just a little better for her feet

just finish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
u know my opinion, go custom.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine TR50s for couple months now and LOVE it - it's the only pair I wear for both road and tri bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano TR50 vs. Adidas Tri Carbon [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
u know my opinion, go custom.

Yea, but I'm not a gazzilionaire and when you got kids in collage the wallet gets even thinner!

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I will be leaning heavily towards the Shimano's. Sounds like a better shoe at a better price!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com