Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shimano Scam Wh-9100 C60 wheels [nemeseri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nemeseri wrote:
No, but the market of rim brake wheels will be tiny, given the overwhelming majority of new bikes will be disc equipped for years by then.

I disagree with that. 2020 is only 3 years away. Many people keep bikes for many years. I'd say even now the disc bikes on the road are a minority, and many people have no interest in disc brake road bikes. Wheels are consumables. There will be a strong market for rim brake aero wheels for many years to come. I will probably get my first disc brake road bike around that time...but it will be vastly outnumbered by my rim brake road bikes!
Last edited by: Silvercivic27: Mar 13, 17 18:20
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Scam Wh-9100 C60 wheels [Silvercivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you are right, I really don't want to convert to discs. But think about the 10 to 11 speed change. It only took 1 product cycle and today I don't know anybody in my circle who doesn't have an 11 speed bike (at least one). And even if somebody has a ten speed bike, they already don't want to spend money to upgrade it.

My bet is that it's going to be hard to find new rim brake bikes from large manufacturers by the time R9200 comes out.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Scam Wh-9100 C60 wheels [nemeseri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt it...even with 11sp, I have 2 road bikes that are 10sp and 2 that are 11. I have no plans to change the 10sp to11 and they will still need parts. I doubt I'm alone in that, and I still know plenty of people who ride an race 10speed.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Scam Wh-9100 C60 wheels [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
earthling wrote:
Wow so glad I ran into this post. I have run HED wheels for a long time now and was on the brink of giving something else a go just for a change really. So glad I read this and a few links, not investing in these wheels now. Very misleading and I believe very typical of how the 'in crowd' work in the cycle industry. Back to reliable old HED for me I guess. I am sure you will get a refund on the postage otherwise it's basically mis-selling products.

Small update, I picked up the package, open the box and measured Shimano C60 wheels.

Wow they are exactly the same as my Shimano C50 wheels, those are exactly the same wheels, rims, hubs with different sticker on the rim and different sign on the hub 9100 vs 9000.

External rim width 22.7mm
Internal 17mm
Rim depth 50mm

They are going back to EvansCycle, I think I'm gonna go for Hed Jet 6 plus.

The Hed Jets are excellent wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Scam Wh-9100 C60 wheels [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano update

I got full refund from Evans (minus initial shipping $79USD , I had few other goodies with wheels, shipping would probably be less, but I can't complain ) Evans also refund for shipping wheels back to them via Canada post 366$ ! shipping charges are insane from,CA, via UPS, Fedex and DHL was all above 550$

I must say Evans stepped up big time, I will use them in the future for sure, entire refund process took 1 day from day they received wheels back, no push-back no BS. Great company.

Now I have to apply for duty refund of $465 from Canada Border Services, lets see how long that will take

I have all pictures of 3 dimensions of both C60 and C50 Shimnao wheels below:

C60

and C50

Quote Reply

Prev Next