Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900 vs SH-RC901 - Wide Shoe?
Quote | Reply
I've been using the S-Phyre RC900 cycling shoes for a while and found them to be extremely comfortable. I purchased the newer SH-RC901-S and I'm feeling them to be a slightly more snug and narrow fit, especially in the big toe area.

While looking at both shoes side by side to see if I could figure out what was different, I noticed a W printed on the inside of the shoe. Wondering if I accidentally received a wide version of the S-Phyre 900s?

Can any owners of Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900-S confirm the printing inside the shoe reads 'SH-RC900-S W'

Appreciate the help.
Last edited by: Xegroeg: Jan 11, 21 7:42
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900 vs SH-RC901 - Wide Shoe? [Xegroeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Called Shimano (no idea you could call them) and they informed me wide versions of the shoe are indicated with an E.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
standard width is "D", wide is "E"
that W is probably because they are white - at least mine are and have the same code

i had read (cyclingtips i think) that the new version are a different fit which is concerning as like you i love the older ones, not yet needed to replace them though.

as it happens, in NZ you can only get the E width as standard so not sure what i'll do when i need new shoes
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900 vs SH-RC901 - Wide Shoe? [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes! Thank you, that must be it. Mine are also white.

I was convinced I had the wrong size... That’s too bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The latest S-works are pretty good for my wide feet. I run in wide fit shoes and have normally ended up going for the wider brands of cycling. I had some old shimano tri shoes, that fitted, but tended to go size 48 as opposed to 47 in running shoes. The latest S-works I got are possibly a little too big - next time (ie 5 years time) I'll certainly check the 47s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually glad about that. I have the 900s and they were just a bit too wide for my feet. I might try the 901s if they are narrower.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900 vs SH-RC901 - Wide Shoe? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just looked up the article i vaguely remembered https://cyclingtips.com/...essing-with-success/

i wasn't quite right - the change is from RC901 to RC902. the RC900 and RC901 are minor material changes only, not a different fit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey,

I have the 900, 901 and 902. My 900 and 901's have identical fits and are on the narrower side which is good for me, pretty similar shoes with minor changes in materials and design. The 902's definitely have a wider toebox, I have a narrow foot and definitely have to tighten the boa dials more.

I can't see me ever riding a different shoe, they are all amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900 vs SH-RC901 - Wide Shoe? [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I reading correctly that 900s and 901s are pretty similar, but the 902s are wider?

Reason I ask - I've used the 900s for four years, and have been very happy with them. I saw the 902s drop to $300, and with my 900s aging I bought a pair.

They feel tighter. Is it in my head, or was there a change?

I've got a wider toe box, not wide enough to use an E, but wide enough that only certain running, dress, and cycling shoes fit me.

Ironically I've always thought that Shimano had a wide toe box. Reading this, perhaps I'm wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano S-Phyre SH-RC900 vs SH-RC901 - Wide Shoe? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
I'm actually glad about that. I have the 900s and they were just a bit too wide for my feet. I might try the 901s if they are narrower.

Same here. I’ve used Shimano rod shoes from the R300 to the 321’s but found the 900 to be too wide for my foot and a bunch of material just ends up smashed up by the boa. Maybe I’ll see what the 902 is like if anyone has a 41 in stock.

Edit: read further…alas it sounds like I’m going to stay with my 321’s until the mesh on the toe finally completely rips out.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Jul 14, 22 20:28
Quote Reply