Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano RC7 flaw, help please
Quote | Reply
I needed new road cycling shoes and got the RC7s. They have a great fit and feel but there's one issue. The tongue end isn't cushioned and is just long enough to rub into the crease where my ankle and shin meet, causing my skin to become raw and painful (even with socks). I don't want to cut the tongue down because it's relatively short to begin with, but I need to fix this. Has anyone with these shoes run into this problem? Have you figured out a solution?

Eggnog is why I train.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano RC7 flaw, help please [dreggnog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this same issue with the RC7. I ended up removing the tongue entirely. This made them into the most comfortable and functional tri shoes I've ever owned. Without the tongue, I can easily slide my feet in during a flying mount. I also prefer the Boa dial to Velcro or laces because it's much easier to make small adjustments on the fly.

The only other annoying thing about the RC7 is how easily they scuff and show wear.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano RC7 flaw, help please [Cody Beals] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent, I've taken the tongue out of my old shoes, so I will happily do the same thing here. I'll watch out for scuffing. Thanks for the advice!

Eggnog is why I train.
Quote Reply