Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano Pedals, Dura Ace compatible w Ultegra?
Quote | Reply
Are the Dura Ace pedals (7800) compatible with the Ultegra counterpart, i.e., can the same shoe mount be used?
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Pedals, Dura Ace compatible w Ultegra? [Oldaveguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I researched both when I was replacing my pedals this year, and to the best of my knowledge, the NEW Dura Ace -SL pedals are compatible with the NEW Ultegra -SLs. BTW, I really like my Dura Ace's.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Pedals, Dura Ace compatible w Ultegra? [TriPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are pretty much the same pedal, DA is slightly lighter and does not have a polished finish. I have the Ultegra pedal, works great and looks great. Cleats are easy to walk in.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Pedals, Dura Ace compatible w Ultegra? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been getting a little soured on my Looks of late (with all the squeaks they make when it's the least bit humid or wet out) and was wondering if the Ultegra pedals have this problem...maybe it's time for a switch.
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Pedals, Dura Ace compatible w Ultegra? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the DA pedals on my tri/TT bike, and the ultegra pedals on my road bike. They are completely interchangeable. I love them, they have a nice wide platform, no hot spots. The cleats are easy and comfortable to walk in.

I'm still confused as to the price difference between them. I honestly can't see a reason to get the DA pedals. They feel and perform identically, and at 50% more, it's hard to justify the DA pedals which only save 23grams (I got the DA pedals last year before the Ultegra model was available).

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano Pedals, Dura Ace compatible w Ultegra? [smartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot spots from my speedplays is why I tried these pedals. The change to Shimano made a BIG difference. And my attack angle has imporved (presumeably because my foot is closer to the axel). People argue that the pressure excerted by speedplay pedals is spread out by the platform it clips into. This is definitely not the case for me.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to get a second pair for my other bike.
Bill
Quote Reply