Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sheila T and shoes on the bike
Quote | Reply
Hey Lew, if you ever do a training video, you have to use the footage of Sheila putting her shoes on while riding out of T1. For anyone wondering how to do this properly, it looked like the perfect instructional video of how to do it fast and safely. Then there was a nice contrast when they showed Walton struggling a little. I'm sure he knows what he's doing and probably had issues due to his heal injury, but Sheila's was perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Sheila T and shoes on the bike [Chris in Balto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad to know that I am not the only geek out there. They showed her doing the entire process, from mounting to getting up to speed to getting her shoes on to finally settling down in the aerobars. I got right in front of the TV and watched the whole process. I thought it was the best part of the whole race, but I was too ashamed to admit it before you posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Sheila T and shoes on the bike [Chris in Balto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll tell her . . . but it would be like telling Lincoln that he at least saw part of a pretty good play. She felt like a pile of trash the whole day, and we have no idea why.

As a side note, transitions are so important in ITU racing (especially T1 for people like Sheila and Barb, who are trying to keep a hard-earned gap from the swim) that she thought and practiced - and then revised and practiced some more until she got it just right. The bar has been raised so high in ITU racing that success can only be obtained through attention to even the smallest detail. It has become almost like "miss [anything] and out".

Lew
Quote Reply
Re: Sheila T and shoes on the bike [Lew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lew- My wife and I were volunteers in the pro transition area so we got a chance to meet and talk with a lot of the pros on Saturday, including Sheila (Dave Scott too!). After the race she said she didn't want her swim cap, so we kept it (we also got a few others). It's a nice silicone one with her name printed on the side. Anyways, my wife wore Sheila's today at swim practice and afterwards felt tired and sluggish. So my analysis is that Sheila suffered from a faulty swim cap... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Sheila T and shoes on the bike [Terry in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sheila says to extend her apologies to your wife - and hopes that whatever it is is not catching.

Lew
Quote Reply