Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sharing Smart Trainer
Quote | Reply
My wife and are are finally making the move to a smart trainer. The question is which would work better; buying 2 separate trainers or 1 "smart bike"? Can you have 2 Zwift or roadtrainer accounts on the same bike ? Rarely would we want to ride at same time but are nowhere close to same bike size.
Also, any issue with putting a hardtail mtb on the trainer ?
Thanks for any input
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Sharing Smart Trainer [xterracj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you are not going to ride at the same time easy... one smart trainer

Zwift has family type account..so 2 accounts based on login (not bike) you can possible get by with one bike (raise the saddle) that's what I do..I can live with the shorter reach on a trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Sharing Smart Trainer [xterracj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on your budget, your space, your priority for convenience, and the likelihood you would both want to workout at the same time.

The hassle with one trainer is that you need to swap bikes, which can be a minor PITA, depending on bike and trainer type. On the upside it is the cheapest option.

Two trainers is the most luxurious. You can have your bikes always mounted for minimal hassle. It just takes space for both and money.

A trainer bike is probably the most expensive. But it is easy to reconfigure and takes up the space of in trainer. The downsides are the money and it is not your actual bike.
Quote Reply