Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup
Quote | Reply
Need some help. Getting settled in for the winter and looking for ideas to set up for ZWIFT - Monitors, stands, trainer, etc... Share what you are using.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [Mike J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine is basic.

I use a Kickr and TrainerRoad powermatch with my PowerTap pedals.

Tray table for drink and other nutrition.

iPad screen mirrored to flat screen on floor about 10 feet in front on the bike.

Blower behind me for cooling.

Amazon play list blue tooth to Fender speaker.

This is the blower, have one behind my treadmill also.
http://www.morelectricheating.com/...6cqUBWIaApImEALw_wcB
Last edited by: Pwraddr: Oct 7, 18 18:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It doesn't have to be fancy. It just needs to work. Our old TV sitting on an unused piece of furniture at the back of the garage. Cooling fan just above it. Climbing block in front of the TV, and trainer (KKRM) set back just far enough to fit the bike. Laptop on a piano stool just to the left of the bike so I can reach the keys to choose when to turn in Zwift and so ANT+ receiver is right next to the bike sensor. HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV. That's all permanently there. To ride I just swap the rear wheel for one with the trainer tire and place the bike on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pwraddr wrote:
iPad screen mirrored to flat screen on floor about 10 feet in front on the bike.

Explain this.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:

Explain this.

Since TR doesn’t have an app in the App Store like Zwift I use the “screen mirroring” function on the iPad with my Apple TV so TR on the iPad will show up on the TV screen.

I leave the TV on the floor about 10 feet in front of me on the bike to simulate where I’d be looking outside riding.

Make sense?
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok so you need Apple TV to do this?? Maybe it’s a simple chord from my iPad to tv, I dunno...??? I did look for zwift app on my amazon tv and didn’t see it..my basic question for you or anyone else is how do I get zwift onto my Tv (I don’t have Apple TV)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Ok so you need Apple TV to do this?? Maybe it’s a simple chord from my iPad to tv, I dunno...??? I did look for zwift app on my amazon tv and didn’t see it..my basic question for you or anyone else is how do I get zwift onto my Tv (I don’t have Apple TV)?

How I’m doing it, yes you need Apple TV.

I used to use a cable with my MacBook to TV, pain in the ass....at least for me. Hate dealing with cables.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are cables that can connect a laptop to a TV, not sure about a smartphone.

If you use an iPhone, a previous edition appleTV should only set you back around $50. You can then "mirror" whatever is on your iPhone to your TV.

As far as my set-up...kinetic rock n roll trainer with inride sensor sits in front of a desk. Fan, towel, computer, and bottles go on the desk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite direto
Power meter on bike
I use medical overbed table in front of my bike. I set my phone, water, nutrition, and a fan on the table
In front of that I have a tv with Apple TV.
If I’m using TR, I just use it on the phone and leave it in front of me
If I’m using Zwift, I run that on the Apple TV but let the Zwift companion app connect to my trainer and power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have ran a hdmi to lightning cable to connect my iPad to my tv and use Zwift on it. Works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
I have ran a hdmi to lightning cable to connect my iPad to my tv and use Zwift on it. Works fine.

I use ANT+ adaptor.....so can’t use that setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use my laptop to run Zwift and/or a movie or music... one on the laptop monitor and one on the tv, depending on what is more important that day. Laptop is connected via an HDMI cable. I have a 3 year old Kinetic Rock and Roll Dumb trainer that works great so I can’t really justify a smart trainer. I use a stages power meter. New bike is on the way and I am upgrading to a Quarq. Flat screen is mounted on the wall a few feet in front of the bike and I have a big ass fan positioned next to the tv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is pretty sweet.

Wahoo Kickr 2017
Mac PowerBook pro hooked up to 23 inch Cinema Display
Zwift
iPad on bike
Hr and cadence via BT
I also have power on bike but just use the Wahoo....

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr Snap
Vector 3 pedals
Garmin HRM
Garmin 520 to report power, record ride and to time intervals if I’m doing them

Desktop computer running Windows 10 and Zwift. Maybe also running some other entertainment like music or YouTube or hbogo for really long rides.

Ant+ dongle on a USB extension cord placed near my bike (extension prob unnecessary)

I move the computer screen onto the keyboard tray that slides out from the computer desk so the screen is almost right in front of my aero bars. ***Makes a huge difference for my neck.

iPhone running Zwift companion connected via WiFi (it automatically signs in)

Ceiling fan, large contractor fan on floor and cranking the ac down (in my house that means to 73).

I keep my nutrition on my bike or sitting next to the screen.

There’s a lot of text here but it’s a simple system. And there are some things that I could cut out if needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kickr and wahoo mat under bike
Macbook pro w ant+ dongle extension
27" Mac Monitor on desk in front running Zwift and powering monitor
large blade fan in corner of desk
tray next to bike for nutrition/drink and iPad for entertainment/motivation.

makes indoor training bearable compared to the stone ages of yesteryear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've spent a good bit of time and money upgrading my set up this year. Moved from a dumb trainer w/ PT wheel to and Elite Direto. Love the direct drive, Bluetooth connection has been perfectly reliable.

I run Zwift either through my iPad or through Apple TV on a wall mounted 43" flat screen. The iPad set up is a lot quicker and easier, plus I hate the Apple TV remote. But for longer rides or if I'm feeling like I want a more immersive experience, I'll run it through the TV. I'll also use the TV for Netflix/DirectTV Now/YouTube as well.

No special stands, just an old side table that I put things on. I considered getting a music stand for iPad, but it's not really necessary.

Probably the most important piece of equipment though? Powerful tower fan pointing straight at me. Got it from Costco for like $40 and my only regret is not buying 2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Computrainer
Power meter on my bike
60" flat screen
Gaming computer with a Asus Gforce GTX960 video card
Lasko 20 inch wind machine with an aftermarket speed controller
A trash can to balance my keyboard and mouse on
A small stool to balance my drinks, gels and phone on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use this $100 ikea desk (has adjustable legs)

https://www.ikea.com/.../products/S49110931/

Put 30" flat TV on rear of it.

Put 2 of these blower fans on it

https://www.amazon.com/...-4900/dp/B001DNGSCM/

And still has lots of room for phone/ipad, bottles, spit cup etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wahoo Kickr on a mat. Ipad on an old office chair next to me running Trainerroad. Couple of generic brand fans on the floor blowing air up onto my face and upper body. And an old 32" TV on a stand in front of me hooked up to a laptop for Netflix. Apart from the kickr the only things I had to buy were the fans and the mat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Computrainer with rocker plate. 2x 27inch monitors mounted to the wall in front, one on top of the other. Zwift in one screen and usually watch something on the other, or just play pandora or Spotify. I use some cheap bluetooth Beats knockoffs for sound.

Treadmill has a single 27inch screen mounted on the wall. iPad with HDMI cable to power it. Milestone pod for cadence. External speaker for sound or I use my other headphones.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elite Direto, iMac running Zwift with ANT+ adapter, nutrition on me, bottles on the bike to replicate racing and two small fans pointed at me (about 45 degree angle on each side). If need be I will use my Wahoo Bolt but normally I don't need it.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pain cave setup:

* Trainer Road

* Cyclops the silencer

* Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 & Amazon cheap bed table

* powertap P1 duals & Garmin HRM/TRI

* Samsung Galaxy S9 for entertainment

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone recommend a good cable/cord that can work to stream/connect my laptop (with Zwift) to my Smart-TV? And no, I do not have apple TV.
Quote Reply
Re: Share your Zwift / Trainerroad setup [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super easy assuming you have an HDMI port on your laptop (most laptops have them these days). All you need is an HDMI cable. To get the laptop screen onto your TV you just plug in the HDMI cable to the laptop and the TV, switch your TV input to whatever HDMI port you are using and that's it. $8 will get you a 10 foot long HDMI cable on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable-1-Pack/dp/B014I8T0YQ/ref=sr_1_3_acs_sk_pb_1_sl_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539020488&sr=8-3-acs&keywords=hdmi%2Bcable&th=1

Of course, that assumes you are already set up to run Zwift on your laptop . . . .
Quote Reply

Prev Next