Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who?
Quote | Reply
This goes a bit beyond some of the other stuff about hambini we have discussed here. I didn’t see the original video or comments before they were taken down, nor any of his Twitter comments before they deleted his account.

https://www.google.com/...rces-it-272869%3Famp

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, he's never been afraid of personal attacks before, but this one is so far out of line. Has he ever made a video devoted to attacking a single person like this? Especially in such a crude way.

I still don't think he actually has a PhD, and I'm questioning whether or not he's even employed in aerospace right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had never followed any of the Hanbini's threads because from the top it appeared that he was an arse hole.

I looked at this video, and now my opinion has changed considerably and might take him more seriously. Everything he says is very well reasoned. It is also pretty obvious that this lady is violating the law and giving bad example by publicizing it. In the UK it might just be violating confinement laws. In Spain filming yourself while riding would also be illegal as it requires distracting your attention from what should be your main focus.

The only flaw I can find in his reasoning is using racism as the only reason from preventing his comments. I would say that making sponsoring brands look bad should be the primary reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What decided you on your screen name

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess that is a question, not a statement. If you're referring to ecce-homo, it is because Nietzsche's auto biography, which is called that way. It was one of the funniest books I ever read. No religious implications whatsoever. He basically says, here you have me, to be judged by history. Which I find funny because it is so pretentious.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It gets weird when one quotes Nietzsche ironically. I can't figure it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issue is though, that he lied about her violating quarantine in order to support his false narrative.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A holes doubling down....should be a band or a name of a song or something...

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
The issue is though, that he lied about her violating quarantine in order to support his false narrative.

Maurice

the real issue is that he is a complete and utter gasbag in addition to being a total asshole.

at least coggan was informative and supported by science and his and other (verifiable) studies, hambini is all of the bark with none of the bite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I had never followed any of the Hanbini's threads because from the top it appeared that he was an arse hole.

I looked at this video, and now my opinion has changed considerably and might take him more seriously. Everything he says is very well reasoned. It is also pretty obvious that this lady is violating the law and giving bad example by publicizing it. In the UK it might just be violating confinement laws. In Spain filming yourself while riding would also be illegal as it requires distracting your attention from what should be your main focus.

The only flaw I can find in his reasoning is using racism as the only reason from preventing his comments. I would say that making sponsoring brands look bad should be the primary reason.

So wait, dude makes up data and attacks a woman and that makes him more credible? So confused right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dand wrote:

This whole thread is ironic. We have a troll trolling us about a troll.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, 90% of the rear bike light and bib tights adverts coming across FB and other sites is of a naked female "cyclist" only wearing the bib shorts pulled so far up their ass that you can see all the anatomy.

Cruising FB and an ad like that comes up and the wife is like "I see why you like blah blah blah...."
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Meanwhile, 90% of the rear bike light and bib tights adverts coming across FB and other sites is of a naked female "cyclist" only wearing the bib shorts pulled so far up their ass that you can see all the anatomy.

Cruising FB and an ad like that comes up and the wife is like "I see why you like blah blah blah...."

God it would suck to be married.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dand wrote:

Cue the Xzibit meme. "Yo dog I heard you like trolling. We put a troll in your thread about a troll!"
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
trail wrote:
dand wrote:

Cue the Xzibit meme. "Yo dog I heard you like trolling. We put a troll in your thread about a troll!"

Our posting pool needs some bleach.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
ecce-homo wrote:

So wait, dude makes up data and attacks a woman and that makes him more credible? So confused right now.
Nah. He roasted everyone in the video, and TBH I didn't think he roasted her any more than he did the other two guys.
She then called him a sexist. So, Hambini found her rides, put on a tie, then made a video with her rides posted for everyone to see when and where she was riding, apparently in violation of the lockdown. He also threw in that he was banned from making comments on their video, and said it was because of his race. I didn't think he was serious about that, but who knows?

He has been getting more vile in his videos. So much so that I feel it is detracting from the information he is trying to get across.

The more people I encounter the more I love my cats.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [Slug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slug wrote:

Nah. He roasted everyone in the video, and TBH I didn't think he roasted her any more than he did the other two guys.
She then called him a sexist. ..... He also threw in that he was banned from making comments on their video, and said it was because of his race. I didn't think he was serious about that, but who knows?

Yeah, crazy. Instead of responding to well founded (if, probably coarsely worded) criticism, she throws the "sexist" card down. Unfortunately, he's built his brand on being a take-no-prisoners troll, so banning him from commentary is also reasonable. In response, he plays the "racism" card with zero evidence that was the motive. Doing more or less the exact same thing he accused her of. What a flustercluck all around.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Apr 24, 20 9:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dand wrote:

I sort of internally debated whether there was utility in posting this or if it was just one small episode in the long list of past, present and no doubt future drama.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

I sort of internally debated whether there was utility in posting this or if it was just one small episode in the long list of past, present and no doubt future drama.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:

Maurice

I appreciated seeing it. Hambini is a total moron... I just keep thinking some of the responses should be /pink when they're not.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:

Don't they base ads on browsing habits?
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [duganator99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duganator99 wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Hence why cyclist browsing the net about cycling would get ads involving cycling products. The manner they are advertise is not down to the user!

Get that? 👌
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [Mario S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mario S wrote:
duganator99 wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Hence why cyclist browsing the net about cycling would get ads involving cycling products. The manner they are advertise is not down to the user!

Get that? 👌
I only get dudes....
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did he make up? Might have missed it, so I would appreciate you pointing me to the fake data.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexism, misogyny, the cycling industry and guess who? [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither can I figure your comment. Did you read the book?
Quote Reply

Prev Next