Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Setting up Wifi on a 920 XT
Quote | Reply
Just got a refurb 920 in the mail to replace my 310.

Set up wifi on Garmin Express, but when I select wifi on the watch, I get a "cannot find known wifi network" message.

Am I missing something here? I thought it was pretty easy. Add the network via Garmin Express and then "confirm" it on the watch. Am I doing something wrong?

Battery also dropped 10% in the first half hour that I had it out of the box?
Quote Reply
Re: Setting up Wifi on a 920 XT [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like I had to add my 920xt to Garmin Connect, but it's been several years, so I'm not sure. I know that when I open Garmin Connect, there's an icon for a 920xt as one of my devices.

I just followed the directions in the instructions when I bought the watch years ago, and it has worked pretty well since then. I'm not a techie, so the directions must've been relatively accurate.

<The Dew Abides>
Quote Reply
Re: Setting up Wifi on a 920 XT [dewman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dewman wrote:
It seems like I had to add my 920xt to Garmin Connect, but it's been several years, so I'm not sure. I know that when I open Garmin Connect, there's an icon for a 920xt as one of my devices.

I just followed the directions in the instructions when I bought the watch years ago, and it has worked pretty well since then. I'm not a techie, so the directions must've been relatively accurate.

This is my experience too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I found the SSID to be case sensitive in the GC setup. Might check that.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A couple of things. I assume you added the 920 to connect, put it in the cradle and let it update itself? If not, do that first.

If that doesn't fix it make sure your network does not need a username. The 920 will only provide a password. Enterprise type networks won't connect.

As a last resort, do a master reset. When it goes into setup wifi setup will be automatic. Just answer the questions.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Setting up Wifi on a 920 XT [OtterJohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OtterJohn wrote:
I found the SSID to be case sensitive in the GC setup. Might check that.

So you'll find this hard to believe, but as it turns out I'm stupid.

I called Garmin today, and an hour later I (as well as the guy on the phone) learned that Garmin Express doesn't validate your WiFi password when you enter it. Basically, you could type in anything you want to satisfy the field and it will show that you are connected via Garmin Express. It won't "fail" until you try to connect your watch, and doesn't give you a descriptive error message.

I somehow managed to get the password off by one digit and didn't realize it until I was in the router checking some settings during the troubleshooting process. Anyway, I corrected the PW and it is working now.

Life has been restored, and you can all carry on now.
Quote Reply