Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left...
Quote | Reply
Following some interestng discussion on bike fit and fit schools Dan and Fiona of Enduro Sport (these people know their stuff) mentioned the Serotta Fit School as an excellent resource in addition to FIST. I've been to a number of fit "schools" and love to learn more so I phoned Serotta and had a nice conversation with Paul Levine. Unfortunately the school is very popular and has filled for the next session so I will have to hope for a cancellation or go to the next one before I can report on (and use) the results. Looking forward to it...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Feb 27, 03 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, just curious and realizing many of the principles are the same, but do you know if they would deal very much with tri bike geometry?
Quote Reply
Re: Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Impossible for me to say since I haven't been to the Serotta School. It was part of the reason I was interested in attending. I am considering getting the registration list and doing a Tanya Harding on one of the students to get a spot....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left... [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"doing a Tanya Harding "

Did you hear the latest on her? She lost her pro boxing debute at the Tyson fight!
Quote Reply
Re: Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd rather talk about Christina Aguliera's (or Thora Birch's) belly button. Or better yet, just get in the school.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Paul Levine [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that it is admirable that you are willing to try out all of the schools of thought with fitting. It shows your willingness to learn and your humility about your skills. i think we can all learn from this attitude.

Having said that I would throw my 2 cents in about Paul. He is an utmost professional, knowledgable, willing to listen, receptive to his clients concerns, and very fun to talk to.

If you do end up in the New York area it would be nice if we could meet for lunch or something...

good luck with getting a spot, I personally had to wait for a considerable amount of time to get squeezed in for a fitting with Paul.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The course description on their website, indicates that tri bike fitting is covered in the "Advanced Program" from the Serotta Fitting School. They offer 2 courses "Elements of Professional Bike Fitting" and "Advanced Studies in Professional Bike Fitting".

Each course is 3 days long. I was interested in going too, they looked interesting but the tuition was pretty steep, and they are filled for now.

Would be interested in hearing what folks thought about the course if anyone has taken it, or just wait to see if Tom gets in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, with regards to the Serotta fit school, I cant say much-never taken it. But I was fitted by Paul last year 2 days before the short course Nats. in Couer D Alene. spent about 4 hours with me, on a CT. Knew a freakish amount of tri bike fitting (and road bike fitting). does alot of them. At the race, would have posted my fastest oly distance bike split by about 4 minutes if not for a mech. failure, and posted my fastest run split by 2 minutes. and thats the first time actually riding in that position-no adjustment period. and I was more comfortable than I was previously

If the serotta fit school doesnt touch on tri fitting (which I cant imagine it wont) Im sure he would love to work with you on it. He really loves this stuff (fitting and building custom frames is his full time job). Doesnt agree with Cobb on certain things regarding aerodynamics (specifically bacause aerodynamics are much different at age group speed, something Cobb doesnt look at all that much), and I am more inclined to listen to Paul after working with him.

Definitely take the class, and try to get some one on one time with him, if possible
Quote Reply
Re: Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left... [SByers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Doesnt agree with Cobb on certain things regarding aerodynamics (specifically bacause aerodynamics are much different at age group speed,"

This is quite interesting. Are you aware of any specific examples that Paul may be in disagreementwith?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't want to speak for Paul on this one but the main gist on what he says is that for aerodynamics, the rider's position is far more important than the aeroness of the equipment that he is riding...

It is not a disagreement really but cobb talks about the aeroness of equipment so much it is easy to assume that he thinks that this is more important.
Quote Reply
Re: Serotta Fit School: Interested but no room left... [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I attended a talk by John Cobb a month ago and his top priority for the proper bike fit was comfort. Power and aerodynamics came further down the list.
Dan
Quote Reply