Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Semi epic campers race distances?
Quote | Reply
I'm curious as to what distance(s) your most important races are and what distances you typically race.
I usually race 5k/20-30k/5k duathlons, have nationals as my most important at 10k-40k-5k and will do some 10k-60-75k/10k duathlons this year.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Semi epic campers race distances? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do one Oly and sprints which range from 1/4, 12m,5k to 1/2, 20m, 4.5m

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No distance yet, but am hoping to do either a sprint or Oly by the end of the year. Will also be a "completion" rather than a race ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlons from sprint to IM.

Most somewhat local races are sprints, so I'll probably do 3-5 of them in a normal year. Add to that one or two Oly's and one or two Half IM's. I'm using this year to rebuild base for another shot at IM next year.

My 'A' races for this year are the White Lake 1/2 IM (White Lake, NC) in May, then the Over The Mountain Oly (Kings Mountain, NC) in June. I coach high school soccer from mid-July thru mid-November, so I have to get my racing in early.

Quote | Reply
I do Olympic distance events and at least one half ironman every year. Then about every two years or so I throw in an Ironman. This is an Ironman year.

TxDude
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More typical years for me are sprints through half-Ironman (one per year). This year is different, though, as I am gearing up for my first Ironman (Canada in August - hooray lottery!). I have the Blackwater Eagleman and Tupper Lake halfs in June for warm-ups. This years' training levels are totally new ground for me (translation = still intimidated by the though of a full IM even after 60+ tris of various distances). And, God bless my wife, I am not currently officially employed. I am having a heck of a time. If it would only warm up a little bit around here.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Semi epic campers race distances? [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 early season du's

DeSoto Triple-T (solo)

6 olympic distance tris (June-Aug)

Spirit of Racine 1/2 IM

Great Buckeye 1/2 IM

Ironman Wisconsin
Quote Reply
Re: Semi epic campers race distances? [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have fun with Eagleman, I hear it is very scenic. I've seen Bald Eagles down that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my 3rd season of ironman racing. I am doing Hawaii in October and the Ultramax HalfMax and Pigman Half as part of my prep.

See you out there,

Kyle Handley
Quote Reply
Re: Semi epic campers race distances? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will do 2 Halfs (Gulfcoast plus one more), 2 Ironmans (Germany plus one more) plus 2 or more international distance races.
Herbert
Litespeed / QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two or three half IMs and then CaliMan (IM) as the main race.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply