Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Self Coaching: broken clavicle to 70.3, How to Use Training Peaks
Quote | Reply
So...in May I broke my clavicle. I'm self coaching here Not running yet, but walking 12-15 Miles per week. Doing 1-2 Spin classes per week, and just had my second swim...first one was awful at 300m total of breast stroke, Saturday was 400m total with 150m of Free Style that I felt the whole way but wasn't awful.

I've looked at some of the plans and then the software...I've done a ton of sprints now, and two Oly's. Intent was to do 70.3 La Quinta Indian Wells, but that's not in the picture for 2018.

So first 70.3 right now I'm looking at is Traverse City next August. I've looked at the pricing for Training peaks and also the plans.

For the moment I still need a new rig.

Blast away.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Self Coaching: broken clavicle to 70.3, How to Use Training Peaks [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just write up a schedule on paper for now? Training peaks is great but you don't have a bike, you aren't running regularly, and still may have some rehab from the clavicle. I dont think purchasing a canned training plan is the best course of action for now. Get some consistent weeks in, get a bike, and then look for a plan. Worst case, you get to focus on swimming and running.
Quote Reply
Re: Self Coaching: broken clavicle to 70.3, How to Use Training Peaks [ParallelsTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've white boarded out some other things. I think I should be good to start running shortly...gonna make that ask tomorrow. Basically going to focus on running and swimming this fall, getting a bike fit next week so I know what coordinates are and line up a purchase with my budget. Need to increase some technical knowledge here on my own.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply