Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Self-Curated Endurance Challenges
Quote | Reply
Apparently, there is a virus going around.

With that, a large number of races have (or soon will be) canceled. Who has considered a self curated endurance challenge this spring/summer and what is it?

Also, snarky and sarcastic responses will be rewarded for their creativity.
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [PatMcNichol61] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend and I did the David Goggins 4X4X48 run challenge this past weekend; 4 miles every 4 hours for 48 hours. Kept our minds off the virus madness going on for a couple days and got a good bump in fitness for the effort.

--

"It's too dangerous and expensive to ride with d*ckheads" -tridork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If June 70.3 is cancelled, I'm thinking about doing a self-curated one. Drive to a local pond, park there, put bike in trunk. Do ~1.2 miles, get a bike, do my favorite loop ~57miles, hide bike in the trunk, run 13.1
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m thinking of a 1 or 2 mile TT (running) on the track. Would like to finally go sub 5 in the mile or see how low I can go for the 2 mile ... IDK what else to do this spring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I "self-curate" a number of events through the year. Since many of them are tied to real-world events, the following have been postponed

Masters & PGA Weekends - Runaway Golf Cart Marathon/HM/10K
Make your own course ... 26.2 Miles OR 13.1 Miles OR 10K, BUT it MUST include at least ONE GOLF COURSE!!! Either at the Start, the Finish or somewhere in between!!! You can just run by if you're not allowed ON the course itself [yeah, this is a running race, not a Golf Cart Race, in case that wasn't clear]

Time Bonuses will be awarded for wearing Argyle, Plaid or Ugly Hats [the kind you might get a bowl of soup with]

Record Store Day Challenge
Choose a song, an album, an album SIDE, an EP, what have you. Guesstimate how much ground you'll cover in that time and that is your goal. Then "drop the needle" and go!!! If you beat your mark you win; if you don't ... you STILL Win!!!

DISCLAIMER: You don't NEED to run with headphones, if that's not your personal style

Kentucky Derby & Preakness Weekends - Quarter Horsepower Challenge
ONE lap on a 1/4 mile [or 400m] track, all out

... unless I say "Fuck it!" and do them as originally scheduled

The next stand-alone event would be the Screaming Tortise Endless Summer 100/100 which opens on Memorial Day weekend

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
May take a crack at the FKT on the Art Loeb Trail in Brevard NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I've done a solo marathon before in training the year before last, it was kinda fun. Slow, but otherwise pretty normal.
If Canada gets cancelled this August, assuming it's not unsafe to be outside or whatever crazy, then yeah, I'll do the distance solo. Not for time, just to do it.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Last edited by: justinhorne: Mar 25, 20 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm really thinking about doing the 24/24 running challenge, but I'm really worried it would kill my sleep schedule. Has anyone done it before?
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justinhorne wrote:
I've done a solo marathon before ...

I'm surprised no one has a 19 mile [or 19K] run in the works?

< runs off to make bibs >

Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
justinhorne wrote:
I've done a solo marathon before ...

I'm surprised no one has a 19 mile [or 19K] run in the works?

< runs off to make bibs >

Bibs are posted

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=bi13u00ms8le

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Galveston was supposed to go next Sunday. I'm planning a du that day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just mentioning to a friend and one of my brothers that I may do a sprint or Olympic distance tri in May. That will probably concludes my triathlon season unless Augusta 70.3 actually gets to go in September
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My local 100 mile gran fondo got cancelled, so I replaced it with 112 miles on Zwift after a 1 hour swim in the backyard pool. Did the bike on a smart trainer in no-drafting mode, so the effort was very realistic. Ended up with the same watts and time as I usually do for an outdoor Ironman ride. 5+ hours on the trainer is miserable for some, but you can build up to it no problem.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If IM Tremblant is canceled I’ll do my own IM or 70.3 just for fun. Go easy. Celebrate with a Corona at the end.

https://trigeek1969.blogspot.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A buddy of mine ran 100 miles to raise money. I was there in spirit though!

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Curated Endurance Challenges [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I "self-curate" a number of events through the year. Since many of them are tied to real-world events, the following have been postponed

Masters & PGA Weekends - Runaway Golf Cart Marathon/HM/10K
Make your own course ... 26.2 Miles OR 13.1 Miles OR 10K, BUT it MUST include at least ONE GOLF COURSE!!! Either at the Start, the Finish or somewhere in between!!! You can just run by if you're not allowed ON the course itself [yeah, this is a running race, not a Golf Cart Race, in case that wasn't clear]

Time Bonuses will be awarded for wearing Argyle, Plaid or Ugly Hats [the kind you might get a bowl of soup with]

Record Store Day Challenge
Choose a song, an album, an album SIDE, an EP, what have you. Guesstimate how much ground you'll cover in that time and that is your goal. Then "drop the needle" and go!!! If you beat your mark you win; if you don't ... you STILL Win!!!

DISCLAIMER: You don't NEED to run with headphones, if that's not your personal style

Kentucky Derby & Preakness Weekends - Quarter Horsepower Challenge
ONE lap on a 1/4 mile [or 400m] track, all out

... unless I say "Fuck it!" and do them as originally scheduled

The next stand-alone event would be the Screaming Tortise Endless Summer 100/100 which opens on Memorial Day weekend

Also, I noticed that the 24 Minutes of LeMans [in New Jersey] - a 24-minute running Time Trial, on the road or TM - has been postponed till September ... the same weekend as the US Open Golf tournament, so that should be fun

Quote Reply