Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Segmented cables on internal routed cables?
Quote | Reply
I'm considering segmented cable housing (Nokon, Alligator, etc) for an aluminum aero road bar, since its a giant pain in the ass to reroute housing through the tight turns internally and segmented housing is more durable. Are there any pitfalls with using segmented housing on an internally routed handlebar? Not sure if the segments could get caught or anything.

Anyone have a preference on which segmented housing to use?
Quote Reply
Re: Segmented cables on internal routed cables? [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve used Nokon cables on my TT bike. But the cable outers did rattle a lot inside handlebars and inside the aero extensions to the point of being a serious annoyance and distraction.

I overcame this by using standard plastic casing outers for the sections inside any bars and simply joining the segmented bits after exiting the bars (if that makes sense). They join together easily and without any problem. Just remember to use a cable end piece at the end of the standard outer where it will meet with the nokon (or other segmented) section. If you wanted to run the segmented sections inside any bars (carbon or alloy) I would recommend wrapping plastic around any potential contact points such as the point of exit.

I hope that helps.

Gerry
Last edited by: Old Albion: Aug 11, 18 12:43
Quote Reply