Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seeking St. Croix Advice
Quote | Reply
I'll soon be headed to St. Croix for the first time and am afraid that I "don't know what I don't know". I've done plenty of races at this distance, but this is the first time that I'll be packing my bike and flying to a race venue. Is there anything that I should know about traveling to and competing in this race, or are there any special items I should plan to bring? also - since I can't fly with CO2 cartridges, will there be a (decent) Expo where I can buy more. As this is a IMH qualifier, I'd assume that things will be top notch, but I figure it's better to ask than assume... Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks. -Dave
Quote Reply
Re: Seeking St. Croix Advice [dave in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, I did St Croix 2 years ago and it was awesome. Some points for you. If you are flying down onto the Island from San Juan with American Eagle, be prepared to wait a whle for your bike to catch you up. They may have improved this logistical element since '01 but you may have to wait for you biek in St Croix, but don't worry it will get there. CO2, I know there is a great shop called endurance sports, look them up online and give the guy a ring to check, if you ask he may hold some for you. In 01 there was no expo! It may have changed now though. Also carry your own nutrition etc... i wouldn't rely on the course stuff it was pretty limited before, and especially on the run course there were loads of stations but not a lot of gels/ pretzels etc... mind you I wasn't exactly at the front when I got to them!

As I said it is a great race, and I will go back again. Just remember the race does not begin until the Beast is done... and even after that it is a tough ride at times on the last 15km. All the best

Weeman
Quote Reply