Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Second hand Kickr Snap - No more warranty - Should I go for it?
Quote | Reply
So, Im looking into getting into cycling and have looked plenty. Finally want to spend a decent amount meaning not too expensive.
I have found a kickr snap second hand for 390 eur - I live in Thailand so equivalent in local currency. New it costs 556. The second hand does not have warranty so…

New asking price is 19900 Baht - Second hand from a seller on FB 14000

Should I go for it?
Quote Reply
Re: Second hand Kickr Snap - No more warranty - Should I go for it? [jmods1985] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any tips? Advice?

What should I look out for?

I never buy anything on the facebook market place....so I am sceptical....
Quote Reply
Re: Second hand Kickr Snap - No more warranty - Should I go for it? [jmods1985] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tough call... Those are good units, so you probably would not have a problem that would need service. And, if you needed service, the cost would probably be less than the 30% savings, so you would likely be money ahead regardless. Does Wahoo have a good service network in Thailand, if you did need it?

Also, is the seller in Thailand, or are you also dealing with international shipping of a used unit? In other words, if you get it and it is not as promised or was damaged in shipping, are you stuck with it?

I think in the US market that the SNAP is often sold used for more than 30% off the original MSRP. But, scarcity definitely plays a role in other markets. In the US, especially the southeast, there are many used options out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Second hand Kickr Snap - No more warranty - Should I go for it? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seller is in Thailand......Box looks a bit worn but seller says never used.....How can I find out if there is any wahoo service network here in Thailand?

Thanks for the help.

If I go ahead and buy, what should I check before the sale?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say no. I prefer to see a lower price than that for used, given you have no warranty. We have a Snap and it's only 5 months old and it's making a ton of noise, probably the bearings have gone, so we'll be sending it back shortly. So that's not a very encouraging experience. We also have a 10 year old computrainer that just keeps going, sigh.
Quote Reply