Etc etc

https://www.instagram.com/...?igshid=m6wo0756jn0g

Video link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=F3pa4lad_QI
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Sep 6, 19 9:23
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty sweet. Those custom made extensions look pretty nice. SK seems to be one of the few top pros who is still riding with pretty horizontal arms, but it also sounds like he's gone to the wind tunnel, so maybe that's best for him.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the Instagram comments he responds to someone asking about that by saying that he's tested mantis positions 4-5 times in the tunnel/velodrome and flat arms has always tested faster.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if those bars are really faster when set up parallel like that.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing the advantage is diminished but I'd have to imagine they're still faster. But certainly less of the "fast" part seems to be presented to the wind. Half the benefit of bars like that is comfort anyways though and I doubt they're all that much heavier than normal bars.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hardly ground breaking stuff though. With the build up via his social media account i was expecting a lot more. Perhaps Kona will be where something significant is unveiled
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the way that Sebastian thinks thru every detail, and knows what he is talking about and wants out of his equipment!

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go watch video of costes and other mantis riders. If the bike is locking in to test maybe it is faster but. They sway side to side and waste so much energy . Watch him on the bike in Ironman sprain i think it is. Very uncomfortable and continuous balancing.

Like sticking your head between your elbows it looks good till you are actually on the road.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1x, wow. How common will this become?
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disc brake and powermeter free?

In the video it shows his tyres, they arent public ones but can anyone see if he went with tubeless?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Disc brake and powermeter free?

Well, there is that "Q" on the crank...

"I'm thinking of a number between 1 and 10, and I don't know why!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I suppose my question here compared to a lot of pros. Why does he like his aero bars so flat. When you compare his speed bars to Charles or Don or others,

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could be many things, but here are my thoughts:

He stated that he has tested with high hands, but the level arms tests faster FOR HIM.
I personally feel level forearms are a bit easier to control the bike.
Level forearms may feel better when you are gripping and torquing hard on the bars (pulling up) to gain leverage and power.
Sebi seems to shifter around on the bike, both on the saddle, as well as hands and elbows. So the flatter arms gives him more options to change it up during his racing rather than just ‘lock in’ to the single mantis position.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
So, I suppose my question here compared to a lot of pros. Why does he like his aero bars so flat. When you compare his speed bars to Charles or Don or others,

Your arm angle plays a role in your shoulder position and your ability to "turtle" your head/helmet. Each athlete is different as we all know...long distance comfort is also a player. Some of our athletes (Braden) are flat and some (Lucy) are elevated.

I assure you that our athletes have worked on both positions and they arent riding the slower position for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are those bars preventing him from running a BTA bottle, and thus forcing the flask on the top tube??
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
In the Instagram comments he responds to someone asking about that by saying that he's tested mantis positions 4-5 times in the tunnel/velodrome and flat arms has always tested faster.

Flat arms on the road; mantis on the track. Mantis is pretty much only "guaranteed" at super low yaw.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Are those bars preventing him from running a BTA bottle, and thus forcing the flask on the top tube??

Well the plasma has a front mounted-integrated hydration reservoir...he pulled it off for "weight savings".

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gel flask for nutrition probably easier at speed than bento with gel packs and bars with wrappers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Gel flask for nutrition probably easier at speed than bento with gel packs and bars with wrappers

Still wondering overall about hydration since he's going to roll with one bottle and no refillable front hydration. Guessing he'll snag a bottle at the Pro aid station and rotate the one out from the downtube?

Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mdtrihard wrote:
1x, wow. How common will this become?

Frodeno used a 1x at the Allgäu triathlon a couple of weeks ago, and that has steeper climbs than Nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih31niL9M48

I think we will see it a lot more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah thats a surprise, and then why not behind the seat?

Is a frame bottle faster at 40kmph if you arent using a disc? And would seat tube botyle at height of top spokes be faster?

Nice to hear him mention handling/cornering for his wheel choice, not just weight or aero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the shift buttons on the extensions right on top but of course that is individual. I would have had them 180° to what he did but otherwise, BMANX approved.

Aero and Light is Right.

Still all that said, maybe top 5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that saddle bonded to the seat post? I don't see a clamp...

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Sebis 70.3 champs bike photos revealed [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
180° , you mean better under the bar than on top or back to front?

The front wheel still has a lot of spokes right? Its not a gravel race

Is there an aero penalty for having wheel decals covering the dimples? 1 smaller old school zipp sticker per wheel face could be lighter and more aero than 12 full size on 2 wheels that he has
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I meant under the extensions facing the ground. For me that would be more ideal. There is still room for improvements as his bike is still 1kg heavier than mine. His is more aero however.
Last edited by: BMANX: Sep 6, 19 12:41
Quote Reply

Prev Next