Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seattle Marathon Pace and Accomodation
Quote | Reply
Hi All - this is my first outside Iron Man in 15 years - any guidance on how to pace??? Indicator 10k runs have me at around 40 mins - using calculators on Runners World this is around 3:06 capabilities....

Secondly for various reasons I have left accomodation late - any advice on Hotels in the area??

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: Seattle Marathon Pace and Accomodation [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hills at 3mile and something like 18-20 miles. the earlier hill is very gradual, I like to hit it pretty hard out of the gate to get some room from the pack, and settle in on the gradual downhill through downtown. it's primarily flat through the middle section so settle into whatever you're comfortable with, but leave some room for the hills toward the end. the course is beautiful on the right day, you get to see many different parts of the city. enjoy.

the host hotel is the Westin, any of the downtown hotels are great, though certainly not the cheapest thing you'll find. if money is an issue and you don't mind driving on race morning you could easily find cheaper accomodations away from downtown and park near the needle on race morning.
Quote Reply