Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Searching for a Swimrun partner? Start here
Quote | Reply
Interested in racing a Swimrun event? Swimrun is a two-person sport and your teammate is the most important factor you should consider before signing up. Whether for OTILLO, Engadin, 1000 Lakes, RockMan or Casco Bay, start your partner search here - your Swimrun Classified thread.

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Last edited by: VALHALLA: Jan 11, 16 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for a Swimrun partner? Start here [VALHALLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested in the Portland, ME event on August 14. I just turned 48; long-time marathon runner now training for IM Switzerland in July 2016. As for my times, I swim 1.2 miles in about 38 minutes and run 10 miles in about 73 minutes. Email me if you are interested in signing up for the lottery as a team. Thanks!

Guy
guyneal@me.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a 52 year old Male. Have competed in many half ironman and Olympic distances. My average 100 yard pace during these races is 1:12 - 1:15. Have swum a 2.4 mile river swim in 54 minutes, a 1 mile river swim in an Olympic distance race in 13 minutes and a 1.2 swim in Ironman Augusta in 22 minutes. I am a 7:30 pace runner in the 10k's in Olympic distance tri's and 8:45 in half-iron. This race looks to be very well suited for my skill set. Looks to favor strong swimmers will decent running ability. Add the swim fins and paddles to the equation, wow!
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for a Swimrun partner? Start here [tbarrynole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tbarrynole, Im a 28 yo Male, strong swimmer and decent runner. I usually am in the 1:08-1:12 range on 100y sets and run about 7:15-7:30 pace on 10k olympic tris. If youre interested in teaming up please let me know, I think we could be a good match
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for a Swimrun partner? Start here [Guppy87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, guppy87. Sorry for the tardy reply. I agree with you; looks like a strong pair! I am still working on some logistics here regarding travel and work. Give me a couple of days and I will reach out to you to coordinate a plan.
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for a Swimrun partner? Start here [tbarrynole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for a fun way to end your season?

Swimrun North Carolina is going to offer multisport aficionados a full dose of suffering and loads of fun.

Here is a link to their registration site which just opened a few days ago: Swimrun NC

Registration period will close in a few weeks, so don't delay. You can use this thread to find a teammate too.

You may also know the event's marketing director, a former editor-in-chief of ST who resides in NC!

Lars Finanger
Odyssey SwimRun
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
29 year old male. Slow runner (1:40ish open half marathon) decent swimmer (15:00-16:00 open 1000m ows). I have a potential partner for SwimRun NC but I think he might be too slow for the event :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like fun but there is not enough swimming here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey folks,

I'm searching for a partner for the upcoming Ötillö world series race which takes place in Engadin Switzerland.

Unfortunately my loved teammate gets injured just before the big happening. Now i'm on the search for a replaced because i will be in Switzerland anyway and i want to make some fun out of the completed workouts from the last months.

So feel free to contact me if you want to join me for this dance (possible teams are men, woman and mixed). The entry is already paid.

Some words about myself.
I'm working a lot on my swim performance starting from last October (a lot of 15k weeks, peak 20k).
Last year IM Frankfurt 10:35. Marathon 3:10. Finished 73k ultra in may.
I don't care on your tempo (if you are faster i will try to keep up as good as i can ;) indeed ). I want to make this experience in the first way.
I'm situated in Leipzig/Lipsia Germany and i'm 31 yeas old.

Last but not least the course details:

• TOTAL RACE DISTANCE 45 400 M
  • TRAIL-RUNNING 39 600 M
  • SWIMMING 5 800 M
  • SWIM SECTIONS 8
  • LONGEST SWIM 1 400 M
  • LONGEST RUN 8 500 M
  • TOTAL ELEVATION 1 500 M

https://otilloswimrun.com/...adin/#raceinfoTabs|0

Greetings
Karsten
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all,
I live in the Denver area. I've done a good number of half and full Ironman events and the idea of competing in a SwimRun is incredibly intriguing to me. I'm a slower swimmer (1:40/100m over 1500m) and a decent runner (8:00min/mile over a half marathon). I was looking into the SwimRun events at Catalina in 2020 (I have family in San Diego). If you're interested in doing a race or even just training. Hit me up!
Quote Reply
Re: Searching for a Swimrun partner? Start here [TRISandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody interested in doing the long course Odyssey SwimRun Casco Bay race as a substitute partner? I swim an IM swim in 58-60 minutes, and run an open marathon in a little less than 3 hours (IM marathon timing is usually ~3:20). It’s ok if you don’t line up perfectly. I’ve done this race three times and just like to participate without obsessing over the outcome. I could switch to solo short course, but prefer the full event.
Quote Reply