Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sealant oozing latex tubes
Quote | Reply
From what I can tell this seems fairly normal for tubeless. But it seems my orange seal sweats out through my tire sidewalls. Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to remedy it?

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Sealant oozing latex tubes [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Latex tubes shouldn't ooze sealant...certainly not enough to then seep through the tires. Change your tubes.

...unless...did you put the sealant in the tire, on the outside of the tube?
Quote Reply
Re: Sealant oozing latex tubes [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re new tubes. And don’t seem to be losing air any faster than latex normally would. I noticed this before with other tires and tubes only not as drastic. Did not put them in tires just through removable valve core.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fwiw, I seem to recall in the past years a few situations where I changed tires and the latex tube was a little moist. Not sure what it was due to though. Didn't really give it much thought.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Jun 23, 18 11:20
Quote Reply
Re: Sealant oozing latex tubes [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Fwiw, I seem to recall in the past years a few situations where I changed tires and the latex tube was a little moist. Not sure what it was due to though. Didn't really give it much thought.

Gerlach + latex + Didn’t give much thought = does not compute. : )
Quote Reply
Re: Sealant oozing latex tubes [anthonypat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same thing with Vittoria latex and Stan's sealant. The tires end up oozing sealant. Very weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
From what I can tell this seems fairly normal for tubeless. But it seems my orange seal sweats out through my tire sidewalls. Anyone else have this issue and is there a way to remedy it?
Mine where doing this also. Vitoria latex tubes, orange seal and gp4000sII tires. It seems to have stopped on its own after a few weeks.
Last edited by: Anachronism: Jun 24, 18 17:03
Quote Reply
Re: Sealant oozing latex tubes [Anachronism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use stans and it sweats through the Vittoria latex about 1/2 the time after I install. It tends to resolve itself - sometimes it takes weeks.

I have read that it is common with Stan’s and less likely with orange seal something to do with the formulation.
Quote Reply
Re: Sealant oozing latex tubes [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had no issues with stans in challenge tubes.

WD :-)
Quote Reply